Casestudy and Interview on bwin keeping hackers at bay
bwin's security objectives are quite clear:
- Defend fair gaming and secure payments so that hackers are unable to breach their systems
- Protect site reputation from application security risks
- Meet strict PCI-Data Security Standard compliance requirements
- Improve processes for secure software development and deployment
- Ensure resilient application lifecycles with predictable, consistent security practices
"Security is an ongoing process," explains Eckel. bwin is an obvious target because of its high profile and because of the amount of money it transacts. Hackers are tempted to "game" the system to favour their pocketbooks. This means that core applications have to work flawlessly to ensure game integrity which is why they use Fortify Software's application security solutions.
Both Oliver Eckel Head of Security and Christoph Haas - Head of Software Development at bwin are both happy to participate in 5 interviews. Ideally they would like these to be via email as they are based in Austria. Also Richard Kirk - UK Director for Fortify Software, who works closely on the bwin application security software solution, would also be available for interviews.