iscoord releases is-phone® Desktop for Lync2010 - BroadWorks(TM) Edition
Version 2.0 now includes a native softphoneZürich, Switzerland, )
is-phone® Desktop Lync2010 for BroadWorks(TM) enables richer telephony experiences in Microsoft(TM) Lync(TM) by natively integrating BroadWorks(TM) telephony, 3-way audio conferencing, call controls, telephony presence synchronization with Lync(TM) and call history while preserving collaboration features in Lync(TM) such as instant messaging or desktop sharing.
"We improved is-phone® Desktop Lync2010 for BroadWorks(TM) by embedding our softphone and reworking our design to improve performance and phone numbering with Lync's contact resolution. In addition to deskphone mode, the plug-in now offers softphone mode to end-users. Softphone mode is particularly appreciated by large organizations as it helps to quickly sort out painful corporate issues - like easily interconnecting the Lync(TM) client to a legacy MCU server such as Polycom(TM) or Cisco(TM) without any complex technical hassles. We are also seeing a significant number of large organizations supporting ad-hoc video conferencing with 8 participants maximum in their Lync(TM) environment and other organizations looking for a simple UC softphone solution for their mobile workers while preserving the Lync(TM) experience - for example, using just one Lync(TM) application with all UC features including enterprise telephony - which is just invaluable." said Rolf Kuster, Chief Technical Officer, iscoord.
"One of our core strategies is to encourage interoperability testing of our BroadWorks(TM) platform with end-user devices to ensure a superior communications experience," said David Bukovsky, vice president product, BroadSoft(TM) . "We believe communication devices such as the iscoord UC Softphone, with its broad Unified Communications capabilities, when used with the BroadWorks(TM) platform, will help service providers differentiate their offerings and to reach new market segments."
"The beauty of is-phone® Desktop Lync2010 for BroadWorks(TM) is certainly its simplicity and versatility. Service providers, operators and enterprises just need to install the software client plug-in in addition to their Lync(TM) 2010 client, whether they run Windows XP/Vista/7, Terminal Services or Citrix. That's all. This is a key and unique differentiator in this market." said Christophe Remillet, Head of Business Development, iscoord.
"is-phone® Desktop Lync2010 for BroadWorks(TM) " release 2.0 contains practical new features and changes such as:
- Embedded SIP softphone with ad-hoc audio conferencing (16 participants maximum) and video conferencing (8 participants maximum). The softphone is interoperable with main MCU servers like Polycom(TM) , Cisco(TM) or Radvision(TM)
- Full BroadWorks(TM) directory integration including groups and click-to-dial
- BroadWorks(TM) call history support with normal, extended and enhanced extended call entry formats
- Microsoft(TM) Outlook(TM) add-on including click-to-dial on Outlook contacts, call toolbar and journal (keeps records of both deskphone or softphone calls)
- Improved Lync and BroadWorks(TM) contacts binding / phone extensions resolution
- Implemented native's BroadWorks(TM) features such as Call Forwarding, Remote Office, Simultaneous Ringing and Do Not Disturb
- Improved installer wizard
Get more details >
iscoord will exhibit "is-phone® Desktop Lync2010 for BroadWorks(TM) " version 2.0 at BroadSoft(TM) Connections 2012 (Booth #25) October 21-24 at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, Arizona. For more information, please visit www.broadsoftconnections.com