The UK Lotus User Group
We4IT also takes part with the following sessions:
XPages: Practical Ideas for Converting Existing Notes Applications
This session looks at some of the things Matthew Fyleman has learned from taking an existing, complex Notes client application used by the Banking sector and converting it to a browser-based XPages application. The points will be illustrated with some 'live' examples.
The topics covered include:
- Have a clear idea of L+F before you start - use themes, proprietary or hybrid?
- Get key structures in place first - standard format for views, forms, button bars etc and create custom controls for these.
- Have a toolkit of useful things both UI (e.g. picklists, name pickers etc) and script (e.g. retrieving field values safely, handling look-ups (DBLookup/DBColumn gotcha))
- Make use of resource bundles for config info.
- Make use of the extension library - no use re-inventing the wheel!
- Identify re-usable elements and implement these as custom controls - keep in mind other projects. De-coupling custom controls using parameters.
docLinkr: Mobilising Applications Without Coding
Developing applications for access on mobile devices - or redeveloping existing apps - is a time-consuming process. We4IT docLinkr offers a simple alternative allowing you to take an existing application and, within one hour (actually this can be as little as 15 minutes), make it available on any smart device. Without writing any code. At all.
Join this session to discover just how easy is it to get mobilised.
Date: 03.-04. September 2012
Location: Cardiff University
We4IT is an international provider of software solutions and information technologies and have been committed to our clients since 2001 with a comprehensive service offering aiming to improve their information structures. The We4IT Group specialises in the business areas of groupware and e-business and aims at organising information for you in a practical and efficienct way. As IBM Premier BusinessPartner, we use the broad IBM Lotussoftware product portfolio.