Opening Ceremony at Wind Farm Felsberg/Markwald
The wind farm
With its six plants (Nordex N131/3000), the wind farm has a total capacity of 18 MW. The estimated output of the wind farm is approximately 50 million kilowatt hours per year, which can be used to power 15,000 homes with eco-friendly, renewable energy. At this time, four of the six plants have been installed, three of which are already connected to the grid (the fourth will soon follow). The first – and largest – wind generator has been connected to the grid since 25 April.
The wind farm in numbers
- 6.6 hectares of forest had to be cleared to make room for the six new plants in Markwald. One-third of this area will be reforested.
- 35 construction companies are involved in the wind farm project. Of the 160 construction workers, no more than 50 were working on site at any given time.
- The towers’ steel tubes weigh 45 and 55 tonnes.
- The total length of the rotor blades from all wind generators combined is 65.5 metres.
- 4500 cubic metres of concrete were needed for the six foundations. This equals a cube with an edge length of 16.5 metres.
vortex energy holding ag