- Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, has been awarded Silver in SearchStorage.com 2012 Products of the Year in the Backup and Disaster Recovery Software and Services Category for Veeam Backup & Replication.
- The award was presented by the editors of TechTarget's Storage Media Group and was judged by the Storage Magazine-SearchStorage.com editorial staff, in conjunction with a team of users, industry experts, analysts and consultants.
- The SearchStorage.com article announcing the award notes: "The product has a history of leadership in the virtual server backup space, and continues to offer its core features such as vPower, which enables features like Instant VM Recovery, Universal Application-Item Recovery and SureBackup."
- In addition, the article quotes a judge as saying that Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 "adds several good incremental features to an already feature-rich, quality backup product" and that "it sets the bar for virtual server backup and recovery."
- This is the fifth major award that Veeam Backup & Replication has received since Jan. 1, 2013 from a North American technology trade publication. Others include a 2013 Reader's Choice Award from Virtualization Review, a 2013 InfoWorld Technology of the Year award and two awards from the 2013 Redmond Third Party Reader's Choice Awards.
- Veeam Backup & Replication provides powerful, easy-to-use and affordable modern data protection for virtualized applications and data. It unifies backup and replication in a single solution, increases the value of backup and reinvents data protection for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software
"We are honored that Veeam Backup & Replication was chosen for this prestigious award from SearchStorage.com and Storage Magazine. In fact, it's the fifth major award that our product has received from technology trade publications this year, and we're only halfway through February. Given the advancements that we intend to deliver in 2013, we believe that five awards is only the beginning."
About TechTarget's Storage Media
TechTarget's SearchStorage.com is the No. 1 online destination for IT professionals charged with purchasing, implementing, and managing storage systems at the core of large- and medium-sized businesses. More than 600,000 storage-focused IT executives, managers, and staff rely on SearchStorage.com for the information they need to do their jobs. SearchStorage.com content includes original editorial features, news, expert storage advice, Webcasts, and white papers. TechTarget's Storage Magazine is the only monthly resource that provides information technology (IT) executives, managers, and staff with in-depth analysis and forward-looking guidance on managing, storing, networking, and safeguarding the data at the core of large organizations. More information can be found at www.SearchStorage.com.
Web Links Referenced in this Release: