- Eighth consecutive year for Software AG as a leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Achieves highest overall position for ability to execute and completeness of vision
According to the report: “They [Enterprise Architecture tools] support strategic decision making by capturing vital enterprise context and background, along with content development and analysis capabilities across business, information, solution, technology and other relevant architectural viewpoints.”*
Alfabet – A Visionary Enterprise Architecture Product
Dr. Wolfram Jost, CTO and member of the Board, Software AG, says: “I believe Software AG’s continued leadership in the Gartner Magic Quadrant demonstrates the strength and maturity of the Alfabet Enterprise Architecture Management solution and the company’s ability to rapidly respond to the disruptions caused by the emergence of digital business. Software AG continues to have the best vision for Enterprise Architecture with new features in Alfabet that support a broad and diverse range of users from business and IT to facilitate the collaboration critical for effective digital business transformation.”
New Threat Management to Battle Higher Frequency, Severity of Attacks
The increasing frequency and severity of attacks on corporate and governmental information systems is driving IT organizations to add functionality that identifies and manages vulnerabilities in the IT landscape. Alfabet 9.9 provides a methodology for profiling applications and technologies based on known and possible threats. Organizations can determine whether to eliminate vulnerable applications from their portfolio or establish mitigation policies for maximum protection.
New Alfabet Functionality Strengthens IT and Business Collaboration
The new Alfabet 9.9 release provides comprehensive support for IT planning and management activities on premises as well as in the Cloud and on mobile devices. Highlights of the new release include:
- Threat Management – Threats captured, identified, categorized enabling enhanced planning and risk management;
- Mobile Portfolio Management – Full Alfabet functionality now available on mobile devices providing current and complete IT information anytime and anywhere;
- Cloud Configuration Server – Enables cloud-based configuration of Alfabet for custom reporting and solution design;
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Footprint – Cloud-based apps and AWS services viewable as part of a company’s own IT architectural inventory (preview version);
- Data Retention Policy Management – Ability to ensure data retention is compliant, cost-effective and supports IT strategy;
- Seamless ARIS/Alfabet Interoperability – Eliminates the need for information replication in two repositories;
- Corporate Branded User Interface – User interfaces can now reflect an enterprise’s corporate look and feel;
- Report Views in Guide Pages – Reports now embeddable in guide pages providing fast insight and access to relevant information;
- French and Portuguese Language – Two new languages supported.
*Gartner, ”Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools”, November 4, 2015, by Saul Brand
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.