- With the new release, SEP now offers a backup solution for Atlassian JIRA applications together with the Atlassian plug-in expert catWorkX
- Preview version to be presented at the Atlassian Summit in San Francisco from November 3 - 5, 2015
SEP has been offering reliable data protection solutions for organizations and companies for over 20 years with its SEP sesam Hybrid Backup. Customers in more than 50 countries rely on the software “Made in Germany”. SEP sesam supports all major virtualization platforms, operating systems, databases and applications – and is now the world’s first solution for backing up JIRA applications from Atlassian.
“With SEP sesam, we want to offer our customers a flexible data backup solution that adapts to the needs of infrastructure,” says Georg Moosreiner, CEO of SEP AG. “We always try to deliver professional solutions that meet the new requirements, as is the case with the highly popular JIRA solutions from Atlassian. It’s good to be the first vendor to be able to offer an embedded backup solution for JIRA applications together with our longstanding partner catWorkX,” he adds.
“With the plug-in ‘SEP sesam Backup for JIRA’, it will soon be possible to use a standardized solution to perform backups and restores without any help from the IT department. For example, a JIRA administrator can also use it to build staging instances for testing and development - quickly and easily. As I see it, this is a long sought after feature that we can now implement with our plug-in – and that is only the beginning of the great new possibilities that ‘SEP sesam Backup for JIRA’ will continue to offer,” says Oliver Groht, Managing Director of catWorkX GmbH & Head of Atlassian OSS.
Price and availability
The catWorkX plug-in “SEP sesam Backup for JIRA” will be available shortly on the Atlassian Marketplace. Together with the Linux-based SEP sesam Backup Server, standard implementation with one license for 1 Terabyte of backup storage in the smallest licensing level will cost US$ 150 for 10 users.
Details at a glance:
- Start the backup and recovery processes directly from JIRA applications
- Create customizable staging instances
- Bare Metal Recovery on physical computers, as well as in virtualized environments
- Consistent backup and restoring of all JIRA databases and applications
- Observance of the compliance requirements through a standardized backup solution
- Access to deleted or modified entries in the backup history
- Linux-based backup server
- Support for all major operating systems such as Linux, Windows, Novell NetWare, Unix and Mac
- Disaster recovery for Linux and Windows systems even with dissimilar hardware
- Certified for Red Hat, SUSE and Univention
- Hardware and software-independent
- 24x7 vendor support
About catWorkX catWorkX is a full service provider based in Hamburg, Germany, that specializes in software products from the Australian vendor Atlassian. Thanks to our unique expertise on products and need situations, Atlassian has certified us as a Platinum and Enterprise Expert. At catWorkX, we pursue a consulting-oriented service approach and offer our customers solutions based on Atlassian products that often go far beyond standard use. Our service is comprehensive and includes, among other areas, system consulting and development, support during operation and the sale of licenses – an all-inclusive package for the successful use of Atlassian products, so to speak.
We have been an Atlassian partner from the very beginning and now rank among the leading Atlassian service providers in Germany with our more than 10 years of customer and application experience. We are particularly familiar with mission-critical product installations in the large scale enterprise sector. Our customers come from many different industries with a certain emphasis on IT, automotive, retail, logistics, media and the financial sector, but also public administrations, universities and research institutes.