50858 Koeln, de
+49 (221) 2571213
Choose the right Uk-Domain!
Six tips to get the best Uk-Domain...(PresseBox) ( Koeln, )
1. Keep it simple. The shortest and most direct domain name is always the best. You'll have to get creative to find it, though, because almost every single word in English is gone. Most of the best domain names being registered today are a company name, a person's name, or two-word combinations. If you use a two-word combination, try to own it both with and without the dash: happydogs and happy-dogs.
2. Try to use a domain name with your keyword in it. If you have a dog-oriented business, the happydogs/happy-dogs domain names are perfect.
Why? Because when you use your keyword, the search engines take notice. A dog-oriented web site with the word "dog" in the URL is always assumed to be closer to what a searcher is looking for than one that doesn't have that word in it; because the search engines are in the business of giving searchers what they're looking for, they will rank that site higher.
3. Don't use creative spelling. Your customers aren't looking for a puzzle, they're looking for you and your product. You can use the number 1 in your title, but don't register the website Cre8ive; no one will ever find it, and it means nothing to the search engines.
4. Before you register, try to come up with at least a dozen different names; your top choices will almost certainly be taken, but it's much less frustrating to register names when you have plenty of alternatives ready to go.
5. If you have a business that does a lot of volume in the UK or that is targeted specifically at a UK consumer base, getting UK in your domain name is a great way to rank higher in the search engines. The primary extensions for United Kingdom websites are .com and .co.uk.
However, most of the best domain names with these extensions are taken. Avoid buying a .info or another alternate extension; few people look for these. You should also avoid the .org extension unless you're running a non-profit business. Acceptable alternatives to these extensions are the short uk-Domain, the me.uk-Domain and the org.uk-Domain.
You should also think of the new options, which the new Top Level Domains offer:
6. When you register a domain name, as soon as the traffic starts picking up on it go ahead and renew it for multiple years. This is an investment. Even if you don't keep the site yourself, you can resell your valuable virtual real estate at a profit later. Renewing it for a long time is in any case more security.
You are from outside of the United Kingdom, e.g. the United States: Then go on and register your Uk-Domains. Create your digital presence at the United Kingdom. There are no restrictions at registering uk-Domains like .uk, co.uk, .org.uk or .me.uk.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.