Novaled launches market report 'The OLED Lighting User's Manual'
OLED technology is gaining attention in the lighting field. An increasing number of commercial companies are expressing confidence in this new solidstate lighting technology. The unique technical features of OLEDs are expected to result in a fundamental change not only in lighting applications but also in the structure of the lighting industry itself. Only OLEDs can deliver unique design features: ultrathin and potentially flexible light sources that can be transparent or mirrorlike in the off state.
Novaled is introducing its 200 pages report to meet the growing number of knowhow request from designers, luminaire makers, artists, engineers, planners and others involved in the lighting business. This report does not limit itself to a market analysis of materials, technologies and industry players. Instead, the emphasis is on providing an introduction to OLED lighting technology with a view to making and marketing lighting products.
In the OLED lighting guide readers will:
- learn about key OLED lighting attributes, unique application aspects and their design potential
- get a view on the industrial development of OLED lighting technology including an application roadmap
- receive a strategic analysis of the potential OLED lighting industry development considering market drivers and players
- learn about how the topic connects into the current lighting industry and ponder potential changes OLED lighting may introduce
- be introduced to a rethink on lighting: away from thinking only of point sources and away from thinking of lighting only for space illumination
- get an overview on a range of actual lighting and design products based on OLED lighting technology including Novaled case studies
- find out why new ideas and design creativity are the most important resources for building successful lighting businesses around OLED lighting technology
"Novaled is delighted to offer a compact source of knowhow covering a large portion of questions we receive", says Gerd Guenther, Novaled CMO. "With our OLED Lighting User's Manual we want to move discussions and industry activities beyond technology and onto the application level."
OLEDs (organic lightemitting diode) are semiconductors that are made of thin organic material layers that measure just a few nanometers in thickness. They emit light in a diffuse way to form an area light source. This disruptive technology represents an entirely new approach for architects, designers, system integrators, planners and luminarie makers when working with light. OLED lighting has a dual nature, which means it can function both as a lamp and a luminarie. OLEDs herald the future of a vast array of completely new lighting applications and by combining color with shape, OLEDs will create a new way of decorating and personalizing surroundings with light. Furthermore, organic LEDs will make a significant contribution to sustainability due to their energy efficiency, environmentally friendly materials and reduced packaging requirements.
Novaled AG is a world leader in the OLED field and specializes in high efficiency long lifetime OLED structures and is an expert in organic electronics. The company is known for its Novaled PIN OLED® technology, its proprietary OLED materials and the customized OLED products and services. Novaled has developed long term partnerships with major OLED producers throughout the world. Based on more than 400 patents granted or pending, Novaled has a strong IP position in the field of OLED technology, and was named No. 1 in a list of 'up and coming' world market leaders by the German newspapers Handelsblatt and Wirtschaftswoche. Its main investors include eCAPITAL, Crédit Agricole Private Equity, TechnoStart, TechFund and CDC Innovation. For further details please visit www.novaled.com.
Diese Pressemitteilungen könnten Sie auch interessieren
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Elektrotechnik":
IoT Analytics vereint zwei Datenwelten
Die Kombination von IoT- und Geschäftsdaten bietet ganz neue Einblicke in Geschäftsprozesse. IoT-Analytics-Applikationen helfen, Unternehmen effizienter zu steuern und neue Märkte zu erschließen.Weiterlesen