Which standardized platform – if not CompactPCI Serial – would fit better to play out the strengths of the new Intel Xeon D? The new multicore SBC G25A from MEN makes it possible: with up to 16 independent CPU cores, high-performance data transfer lines and built-in hardware virtualization, the CPU board enters the race for its usage in data servers, mobile data centers and for building up virtual machines.
16 Cores and High-Speed Data Transfer
The number of functions in a train or an aircraft is increasing and with them the number of different systems and their cabling as well. At the same time also the requirements of passenger comfort are increasing and therefore the data volumes. The CompactPCI Serial SBC G25A offers a unique solution for this type of applications.
Thanks to the robust, MEN-typical characteristics and the firmly soldered Intel Xeon D (Broadwell-DE), the G25A is the perfect choice especially for server applications in harsh environments, such as mobile data servers and centers.
Therefore, the G25A is prepared for conformal coating, can be equipped with a heat sink as well as being embedded into a conductive cooling frame and all components are by default firmly soldered and guarantee shock and vibration resistance.
The built-in hardware virtualization, two times 10 Gb Ethernet on the front as well as PCIe 3.0 via the backplane offer the necessary basic requirements for the abstraction of software from hardware and fast data transfer.
The minimum standard availability of 7 years guaranteed by Intel and the modularity of the CompactPCI Serial standard provide future-safety, flexibility and fast time-to-market.
- Intel Xeon D-1500, up to 16 cores
- Up to 32 GB DDR4 DRAM, ECC
- Built-in hardware virtualization
- Board management controller
- MicroSD card slot
- Standard front: 2x 10 Gb Ethernet, 1x 1 Gb Ethernet, 1x USB 3.0, 1x RS232 (via USB)
- Standard rear: 28x PCIe, 2x USB 3.0, 6x SATA, 4x Ethernet
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- AMD Fusion Partner Program
- ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
- BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
- CAN in Automation
- CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
- NXP Design Alliance
- Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
- Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
- PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
- PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
- USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
- VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
- Wind River Partner Eco System