Securely into the Cloud: PCI Express Mini Card with Smart Card Interface
- PCI Express Mini Card form factor
- Smart Card interface for secure authentication
- Compliant to ISO7816 Smart Card specification
- Compatible with all PCI Express Mini Cards
- -40 to +85°C operating temperature, screened
Secure Communication – Mobile and Stationary
To protect data transfer from undesirable access, an existing system can easily be secured by integrating the smart card reader PX6. This PCIe Mini Card provides a safe encryption on the cloud server. This may be required for maintenance, service or diagnostic purposes.
The module does not waste an additional PCIe Mini Card slot, but can be used with the same slot as an existing mobile interface card.
The secure communication is realized via VPN connection. Therefore, the Smart Card stores the security certificate as well as the private key used for authentication. In addition, the Smart Card itself is secured with a PIN before getting access to the private key.
This module is used e.g. in entertainment or storage systems in railways or stationary. The robust box PCs as well as the modular CompactPCI systems from MEN offer corresponding slots.
The PX6 is designed for an extended temperature range of -40 to +85°C and is certified to ISO7816 Smart Card specification.
MEN Mikro Elektronik – Profile and Mission
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company - with approx. 300 employees worldwide - provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
- Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
- Robust built-to-order box PCs
- Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
- Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
- Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
- Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
- Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the transportation (rail & public transport, off-road & heavy vehicles, aerospace, marine) and industrial (automation, power & energy, medical) markets.
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
- AMD Fusion Partner Program
- ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
- BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
- CAN in Automation
- CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
- NXP Design Alliance
- Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
- Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
- PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
- PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
- USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
- VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
- Wind River Partner Eco System
Diese Pressemitteilungen könnten Sie auch interessieren
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Sicherheit":
ABAP-Code-Scans für mehr SAP-Sicherheit
Um Sicherheitslücken in SAP-Eigenentwicklungen systematisch aufspüren und Fehler korrigieren zu können, führte die Krones AG trotz anfänglicher interner Bedenken automatische Codeprüfungen ein. Nach zweijähriger Einsatzzeit zieht der Maschinen- und Anlagenbauer eine positive Bilanz.Weiterlesen