Although KISTERS 3DViewStation Desktop has been very fast already before, the focus of the developments of 3DViewStation Desktop V2016 has been set to optimize further the handling of extremely large assemblies and enhancements of the analysis functions.
The graphics kernel, which is a KISTERS development, has been optimized again to cut down load times by 50% in 3DVS file format and to reduce memory usage by 60%-70%. Also the file size of 3DVS files has been reduced by 20%-30%.
As an example, a complete truck, being more than 3 GB of JT pure tessellation file will be reduced to 450 MB in 3DVS file format and will load in 10 seconds on an i5 notebook computer, using less than 500 MB memory. Handling and analysis of this model is working fluently.
There have also been other enhancements:
- file format support has been updated, now including SolidEdge ST8, SolidWorks 2016, STEP AP 242 XML.
- Font substitution has been added for DXF, DWG and DGN
- Coordinate system and angle dimensions now show previews before finishing them
- 3DViewStation Desktop now uses the new XML-API internally.
- It is now possible to share floating licenses between 3DViewStation Desktop and 3DViewStation WebViewer.
The KISTERS 3DViewStation is developed by very closely following customer requirements; it is available as Desktop, ActiveX and HTML5 WebViewer product-versions. All product flavors are intended to be used together with a PLM-, ERP- or other management system like product configuration or service & spare part applications, providing all necessary APIs. For cloud, portal and web-solutions there is a HTML5-based WebViewer solution available, which does not require any client installation at all. All file formats can be used in combination with the intelligent navigation- and hyperlinking features to address needs of complex integration scenarios.