Kisters enhances 3DViewStation WebViewer with 3D fly through and intellectual property protection (IPP)
- 3D Fly Through
- Intellectual Property Protection (IPP).
“3D Fly Through, a long awaited and highly requested function, has now become reality.” Terry OSullivan, Kisters North American Sales Manager stated. “In order to gain deeper insight from complex CAD models, it isn’t enough to load them quickly, zoom and pan, show and hide objects or to even perform sectioning. With version 2017.1 you can now dive into CAD models and fly through them. To make life easy for the user, they simply point to the starting position and off they go.”
“Another development team focus was IPP (intellectual property protection). 3DViewStation Desktop v2017.1 allows the user to remove invisible, internal parts with a single click, thus avoiding the forwarding of sensitive parts by mistake.” he added. “Therefore, those parts, which you may have to forward, can now be alienated. The alienations are done on BREP, all important dimensions will be changed. Still, they remain nearly invisible. An ideal approach to the sharing of information while avoiding the loss of your IP to plagiarism.”
- File formats:
- Import 3D: Catia V5_6 R2017, Creo 4.0, Inventor 2018, Parasolid v30, Acis 2017.1 (R27), CPIXML, FBX
- Import 2D: Catia V4 Drawings, Catia V5 Drawings, Catia V6 Drawings, Creo Drawings, NX Drawings, SolidEdge Drawings, Solidworks Drawings
- Export 3D: 3MF, FBX, 3DVS Fully shattered
- Settings search bar
- Import options for layer handling
- Validate coordinates to avoid inaccuracies if geometries are positioned far from the origin
- Node name replacement
- play views animated: settings for transition and display duration
- Create coordinate system via circle center and plane
- 2D: text search & highlight
- several performance related improvements - we are getting significantly faster again:
- multi-core sectioning
- multi-core rendering
- faster compression
- support for instancing, import & export
According to OSullivan, the Kisters 3DViewStation is continuously enhanced in response to customer needs and requirements. It is available as Desktop, ActiveX, VR-Edition and HTML5 WebViewer product-versions. All product flavors are intended to be used together with a PLM, ERP or other management system product configuration or service and spare part applications, providing all necessary APIs. For cloud, portal and web-solutions, there is an HTML5-based WebViewer solution available, which does not require client installation.All file formats can be used in combination with the intelligent navigation and hyperlinking features to address needs of complex integration scenarios.
Kisters is a worldwide growing information technology company, founded in 1963 as an engineering agency. Its 500+ employees develop resource management systems for energy, water and air, and information systems for the area of environment protection and safety. Professional competence and operational experience with more than 3,000 customers and more than 150.000 installed licenses make Kisters an internationally sought-after partner for software solutions. One core focus of the IT solutions department is the development and sales of visualization solutions for CAD-data and documents including ECM and PLM integrations. To satisfy the various market requirements, Kisters offers ongoing development of visualization tools.