Known for its modern user-interface, high performance viewing, advanced analysis and integration capabilities into leading systems, 3DViewStation Desktop ships with current and mature importers for a broad range of 3D and 2D formats including i.e. Catia, NX, Creo, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Inventor, JT, 3D-PDF, STEP, DWG, DXF, DWF, MS Office and many more.
“We are very excited. 3D fly through, a long awaited and highly requested function, has now become reality.” said Kelly Baumann, Kisters North America Business Development Manager. “In order to gain deeper insight from complex CAD models, it isn’t enough to load them quickly, zoom and pan, show and hide objects or to even perform sectioning. With version 2017.1 you can now dive into CAD models and fly through them. To make life easy for the user, they simply point to the starting position and off they go.”
“Another development team focus was IPP (intellectual property protection). 3DViewStation Desktop v2017.1 allows the user to remove invisible, internal parts with a single click, thus avoiding the forwarding of sensitive parts by mistake.” she added. “Therefore, those parts, which you may have to forward, can now be alienated. The alienations are done on BREP, all important dimensions will be changed. Still, they remain nearly invisible. An ideal approach to the sharing of information while avoiding the loss of your IP to plagiarism.”
- File formats:
- Import 3D: Catia V5_6 R2017, Creo 4.0, Inventor 2018, Parasolid v30, Acis 2017.1 (R27), CPIXML, FBX
- Import 2D: Catia V4 Drawings, Catia V5 Drawings, Catia V6 Drawings, Creo Drawings, NX Drawings, SolidEdge Drawings, Solidworks Drawings
- Export 3D: 3MF, FBX, 3DVS Fully shattered
- Settings search bar
- Import options for layer handling
- Validate coordinates to avoid inaccuracies if geometries are positioned far from the origin
- Node name replacement
- play views animated: settings for transition and display duration
- Create coordinate system via circle center and plane
- 2D: text search & highlight
- several performance related improvements - we are getting significantly faster again:
- multi-core sectioning
- multi-core rendering
- faster compression
- support for instancing, import & exporthttps://www.3dviewstation.com/...
According to Baumann, the Kisters 3DViewStation is continuously enhanced in response to customer needs and requirements. It is available as Desktop, ActiveX, VR-Edition and HTML5 WebViewer product-versions. All product flavors are intended to be used together with a PLM, ERP or other management system product configuration or service and spare part applications, providing all necessary APIs. For cloud, portal and web-solutions, there is an HTML5-based WebViewer solution available, which does not require client installation. All file formats can be used in combination with the intelligent navigation and hyperlinking features to address needs of complex integration scenarios.