The series initially comprises three fixed focal lengths: T2.1/35mm, T2.1/50mm and T2.1/75mm. All lenses are suitable not only for Nikon and Canon DSLR full-format cameras with corresponding F or EOS bayonet mounts, but also professional film cameras with a PL mount. The product series will soon be expanded with wide angle and telephoto focal lengths.
“This series of prime lenses has been especially designed for full-frame sensors and meets users’ exceptionally high demands in terms of optical performance and ease of use,” says Daniela Kesselem, product manager at Schneider-Kreuznach. The lenses are color matched. Whether for commercials feature films, Xenon full-frame prime lenses provide film makers with optimum performance and reliability in all situations.
The full-frame lenses are designed for 4K resolution (4096 × 2304 pixels). They can be used with standard professional cine accessories like rigs, follow focus or matte boxes. Special features required for filming such as minimized breathing, a harmonious bokeh or reduced stray light have been optimized in the Xenon full-frame prime lenses.
Further product features of all Xenon full-frame prime lenses include:
- A maximum aperture of T2.1 as well as identical external dimensions and positioning of the controls in all models
- A circular aperture with 14 blades to ensure a harmonious bokeh
- Robust cine-style lens mechanics
- Manual, precise and reproducible focus settings with a 300° angle of rotation
- Larger focus and distance scales for easier focusing even with greater distances, readable on both sides
- M95 filter thread
- Exchangeable bayonet interface