The CPP1 peristaltic micropumps enable the bidirectional pumping of small amounts of liquids and gases in a controlled stream. The possible flow rates range from 150 nl to 800 µl. They are therefore, among others, optimal for supplying analytes to sensors.
With peristaltic pumps only the tubing is in contact with the medium, preventing contamination of the pumped liquids or gases. The media passes the pump through a medical-grade silicone tube.
The CPP1 pumps are designed to be connected to existing fluidic systems, e.g. directly to tubes and pipes. This is a big advantage over other pump types like syringe pumps, which is why peristaltic pumps are widely used in biotechnical applications. Another benefit is that a CPP1 peristaltic pump acts as a valve in the fluidics system even when it is not rotating. This way, the CPP1 can withstand a pressure difference of up to 2 bar, ensuring that the media at the pump’s in/outlet remain separated. For example, when pumping into a waste reservoir, no waste material can diffuse through the pump.
The small pumps come with a form factor of only 9.5 × 11.2 × 31.4 mm and have a typical current consumption of 30 mA at 3 V. This is optimal for the integration into microfluidic analyzer systems as well as single pump desktop and handheld devices with miniaturization requirements.
Key features and advantages of the IST AG peristaltic pump series:
- Pump rates ranging from 150 nl – 800 µl (depending on pump type), bidirectional
- Only medical grade, leak free silicone tubing in contact with the media
- Stable and reproducible pumping of various fluids and gases
- Miniaturized form factor enabling the integration into arrays and microfluidic devices
- More than 1000 operating hours at 50 µl/min (depending on pump type)
- Separation of the two media ports up to 2 bar pressure difference
Small quantities of the pumps and evaluation kits are available for companies on our online shop. For larger requirements and customization options contact our sales team at email@example.com.