Transport seating – technological innovations and driver safety
The main topics of the conference include:
• Market trends and future mobility, concerning design and comfort of seats
• Weight reduction – innovative materials and composites
• Smart textiles, for example bionic seats
• Seats and driver safety – ECG, the seat that monitors heart activities
• Seating in aircraft and commercial vehicles
Get an extensive introduction on seat comfort on February 6 with Prof. Vink from the University of Delft. His training session will range from posture over design solutions to electric vehicles.
On February 9, participants can take part in all-day interactive workshops presented by experts in the field:
• “Seating comfort made visible“
• “Future demands on added value factors in automotive seating“
• “Objective measures of seating comfort”
• “Weight reduction through innovative layout and design”
Grasp the opportunity to discuss the challenge of minimizing the weight of seat structures and frames while taking care not to neglect safety standards with leading experts from the industry: among them are representatives from Peugeot, Car Men, BMW, Opel, Jaguar and Land Rover, Volkswagen and Fiat.
For more detailed information about the conference, please go to