Drug transporters – from in-vitro methods to brain penetration
The conference will address the most crucial topics facing the pharmaceutical industry and is the only conference dedicated entirely to drug transporters.
Presentations are grouped around the following themes:
• Regulation overview and panel discussion: FDA and EMA
• Tools for studying transporters, such as in-silico models and in-vitro data
• Pharmacogenomics of drug transporters and transporter pharmacoproteomics
• Drug-drug interaction: in-vitro screening and techniques
• Blood-brain barrier and intestinal drug transportation
On February 27, conference participants will get the chance to take part in four different interactive workshops, led by experts Dr. Lassina Badolo (Principle Scientist at H. Lundbeck), Dr. James Clarke (Senior Scientist at GlaxoSmithkline), Prof. Margareta Hammarlund-Udenaes (Uppsala University), and Dr. Imad Hanna (Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research). Discuss topics like the in-vivo metabolism of drugs, transporter modeling and DDI, pharmacokinetic aspects of drug transport to the brain and drug transport with special focus on cellular membranes.
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear case studies by leading scientists in the field, such as Dr. Katharina Mertsch on risk assessments and regulations (Sanofi-Aventis) and Prof. Mikko Niemi on the pharmacogenomics of drug transporters (University of Helsinki).
For further information and interesting downloads, please go to