The study shows that:
- Vendors are systematically enriching their product features and functionalities. Many of them have broad capabilities and a future vision that meets and anticipates the needs of utilities.
- Different types of mobile devices and different operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, etc.) are agnostically supported by the majority of vendors, but not yet consistently supported by all of them.
- Mobile applications generally support text entry of various data types, dropdown lists, dependent dropdowns (reference data), complex data validation, etc.
- The majority of vendors have deployed integrations with common GIS, EAM, CRM, and ERP systems. GPS solutions and vehicle tracking systems are also integrated. However, each MFFM solution differs in the variety of vendors' applications into which it integrates, as well as the level of available off-the-shelf adaptors.
- Even if utilities still seem to prefer an on-premises installation, the cloud option, specifically multitenancy, is more pervasively offered by vendors, with some of them only offering cloud as a possible delivery model.
For more information about the study, or to arrange a one-on-one briefing with IDC Energy Insights' analyst team, please contact Kanupriya at +44 20 8987 7111 or by email at email@example.com. Studies are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing studies, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; reporters should email email@example.com.
About IDC MarketScape
The IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT suppliers in a given market. The research methodology uses a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScapes provide a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also gives technology buyers a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
About IDC Energy Insights
IDC Energy Insights assists energy businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers that serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the utility and oil and gas industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-ei.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 508-935-4400. If you would rather not receive future communications from IDC, let us know by clicking here.IDC, 389 Chiswick High Road, London, London W4 4AE United Kingdom