The TLFD DS heat shrink marker material meets the most stringent fire protection specifications outlined in the European rail standards EN 45545-2:2016 (requirements R22/R23, hazard level 3) and EN 50343:2014 Appendix H.
HellermannTyton developed this advanced material to meet growing demand from rail engineers for printable heat shrink sleeves approved to the highest industry fire and safety standards.
Due to the special composition of the halogen free polyolefin material, TLFD DS the risk to people in the case of fire by minimising smoke generation, oxygen starvation or the production of toxic gases.
The material is also resistant to fluids – especially diesel fuel and lubricants – UV resistant, temperature stable and remains flexible over a wide temperature range.
TLFD DS heat shrink marker characteristics at a glance:
- halogen free, cross-linked polyolefin (PO-X) with a 2:1 shrink rate;
- fluid resistant (diesel and oils);
- shrink temperature +120°C, operating temperature range -55°C up to +125°;
- ladder format, suitable for double-sided thermal transfer printing;
- 9 sizes for diameters from 38.1 mm to 1.2 mm;
- 50 mm and 25 mm cut lengths – 16 mm and 12 mm and other sizes available on request;
- standard yellow and white colours.
All product details can be viewed here: