Obere Leimbach 9
57074 Siegen, de
+49 (2739) 8901-100
KVM pioneers implement monitoring over SNMPWilnsdorf, )
Security through proactive monitoring
Especially for their customers' mission critical areas, German KVM manufacturer Guntermann & Drunck has started to implement proactive monitoring functions in their devices for the first time. The functions include the monitoring of device statuses and sending messages over SNMP and Syslog. Users immediately recognize critical values since the KVM devices contact each other and over network through continuous recognizing, measuring, documenting and therefore alerting the administrator.
The following sectors are monitored (with examples):
- Device status (KVM device ready for operation? Connection to network established?)
- Power supply (Main and redundant power supply ok?)
- Performance data (Temperature, working load ok?)
- Transmission line (Status of transmission line ok?)
- Transmission statuses (Status of transmission module ok?)
- Computer statuses (Power status, USB port, video connection ok?)
- Video signals (Video connection established? Video resolution detected?)
- Console information (Computer and user module active? Freeze function active?)
- Information about peripherals (What peripherals are connected to USB and PS/2 interface?)
The devices therefore transport management information, status messages and thus generate statistics. Therefore KVM monitoring can be easily implemented into the global network.
Monitoring G&D devices is an all-round solution. The devices monitor themselves internally and their peripherals over the interfaces they share. If any operating values are exceeded and hence deviate from their defined values or a status changes, the system alerts the administrator. On top of that, users can define their own operating values.
Centralisation via DevCON-Center
The implemented features apply to all product groups: KVM extenders, KVM switches and matrix switches and are available without any extra charges.
And as usual, G&D tops this off with a superior device, the DevCon-Center, which centrally manages all subordinate devices. Configuration, monitoring, alerts and operation are all carried out using the DevCon-Center. Even if several products require monitoring, the DevCon-Center takes over the task for all KVM devices within the network and updates their firmware as well.
Seek and you shall find(er)
A "Finder-LED" on the front and back of each KVM device helps you locate the device that caused an alert. After it is enabled in the DevCON-Center user interface, the LED highlights the device fast and easily.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.