ESI announces confirmed keynotes & speakers to date for the upcoming ESI Global Forum
Dedicated to Virtual Product Engineering, the conference program will include thought-leading presenters from several industry sectors
ESI Global Forum Keynotes
ESI will have the honor to welcome Governor John Engler, president of the Business Roundtable (BRT), former Governor of Michigan and former CEO of the National Association of Manufacturers. As BRT president, Engler will bring CEO expertise and insights to bear on major challenges facing the United States, including global competitiveness and innovation.
American engineer and former astronaut Fred Haise, who flew as the lunar module pilot on the aborted Apollo 13 lunar mission in 1970, will then deliver a keynote underlining the importance of innovation & technology deployment in industry.
A third keynote will be delivered by French physicist Dr Franck Delplace, Head of the Energy Savings Department at the French Electricity Board EDF Group. He will touch on the current challenges in the energy sector.
ESI Global Forum confirmed speakers to date
The forum covers a wide range of topics, addressing all aspects of engineering simulation with a special focus on applications in Aerospace & Defense, Ground Transportation and Energy & Electronics.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Dave Furrer, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft (USA)
- Eric Landel, Renault (France)
- Hashik Shin, Renault Samsung Motors (Korea)
- Annegret Mallach, Volkswagen AG (Germany)
- Yasushi Hamada, MAZDA Motors (Japan)
- Eric DeHoff & Sanjaya Fonseka, HONDA (USA)
- Fuchun Zhu & Chirag S. Shah, Humanetics Innovative Solutions (USA)
- Matt Sidlinger & James Ho-Jin Hwang, Genesis Systems Group (USA)
- Michael Yang & Paul Blelloch, ATA Engineering (USA)
- A. Stankus, T-Services on behalf of V. Stepannov, CIAM, Central Institute of Aviation Motors (Russia)
- Per Josefsson, AP&T (Sweden)
- Remy Besnard, CEA Valduc, Commission for Atomic Energy (France)
- Andrew George, Brigham Young University (USA)
- William Chen, Vanguard Space Technologies (USA)
- Sebastian Bohn, Illumina (USA)
- Franz Obermair, Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences (Austria)
An exhibition will run in parallel throughout the whole event, providing an opportunity for software and hardware partners to showcase their latest solutions and to demonstrate how they provide gains in productivity and performance. Event sponsors Cray Inc. and Silicon Graphics International Corp. will be present at the exhibition.
A gala dinner will be held on October 18, bringing together all attendees in an informal setting for private discussion and networking.
Who should attend? ESI Global Forum 2012 will cater to all willing to discover and share ideas and experiences related to Virtual Product Engineering. Participants registered so far include designers, engineers, analysts and decision-makers from customer and partner companies.
Registrations for the event are now open. To register, please click here.
Keep up to date with the latest information about this event on our regularly updated web section www.esi-group.com/EGF2012
For more ESI news, visit: www.esi-group.com/newsroom
ESI Engineering System International GmbH
ESI is a pioneer and world-leading solution provider in virtual prototyping for manufacturing industries that takes into account the physics of materials. ESI has developed an extensive suite of coherent, industry-oriented applications to realistically simulate a product's behavior during testing, to fine-tune manufacturing processes in accordance with desired product performance, and to evaluate the environment's impact on performance. ESI's solutions fit into a single collaborative and open environment for End-to-End Virtual Prototyping, thus eliminating the need for physical prototypes during product development. The company employs about 900 high-level specialists worldwide covering more than 30 countries. ESI Group is listed in compartment C of NYSE Euronext Paris. For further information, visit www.esi-group.com.