With the innovative and highly stable Combicore solution, casting cores can also be applied in high pressure die casting for the first time. Even with a high casting pressure level above 1,000 bar, the Combicore cores retain their shape. At this, the occurring ducts are no longer bound to straight axes and follow curved courses of wall with single bends. With this they allow a near net shape casting with significant saving in material. The resulting components are significantly lighter as traditionally manufactured casting parts.
Innovative Combicore cores present an economically reasonable alternative and offer die casters numerous new possibilities. Thanks to their metal cover, the Combicore salt cores are highly stable and have proved to be successful in numerous applications. Especially in the automotive sector those cores are used for oil and cooling channels.
With the Combicore solution, constructors can realize new ideas and develop modern components.
Of course, adjusted Combicore cores can also be applied in other casting processes like sand and chill-mold and also heavy metal casting.
The Combicore solution is about lost cores as the metal cover remains in the casting part as protective channel wall. In doing so, cast defects or blowholes in the component play a minor part at fluid conducting.
The actual core is removed ecologically from the component after the casting process within a few seconds. Normally the core removal process takes place with high-pressure water jet.
Combicore cores can bring out complex shapes, be several meters long and realize small diameters under 10 mm. Due to the production processes used Combicore cores do not need any binder material or other additives so that during the casting process no gases arise.
Advantages of Combicore cores at a glance:
- Economic realization of complex channels for oil, water and other cooling liquids or gases in different casting parts with high design flexibility;
- Implementation of optimized, efficient temperature control concepts and streamlined channel molds;
- Applicable for all casting processes, especially high pressure die casting;
- Suitable for large-scale production with constant high quality;
- No degassing during casting process;
- Saving of tools and increase of productivity;
- Near-net-shape casting with significant saving of material and consequent lightweight construction;
- Process reliable, economic serial production with low manufacturing tolerances;
- Simple ecological removal of core with includable leak test;
- Ecological and recyclable molding materials and metals;
- Metal cover remains in the component as protective, fluid-carrying channel's wall.
Further information is available on www.combicore.eu.
Please visit Combicore at the GIFA in Hall 12, booth D01-04.