New features and simplified setup
With Cerebro colima offers individual modules that can be flexibly combined. Currently the two modules are Universal Call Pickup (call pick up) and are BusyOnBusy (second call suppress). With the new Cerebro Release for Lync 2013, BusyOnBusy now works with call forward chaining. Furthermore, e-mail notifications are now also possible for both modules.
A significant simplification of the setup process is achieved by that there is with this Cerebro version only one installation file: Both new installations and updates are done with the same setup package regardless of the Lync Server version. Thus, only one setup file is needed for both platforms Lync 2010 and 2013. This makes it simple and clear for the Lync Admin to install and maintain Cerebro.
Cerebro for Microsoft Lync 2013 can now be downloaded from the colima website for a 30-day trial period free of charge and without obligation. Those who have bought Cerebro for Lync 2010 with a subscription, the Cerebro Release for Lync 2013 is included as an update in the subscription.
Further modules already set
With Cerebro colima offers the following modules:
- Universal Call Pickup (call pick up): With the Cerebro module Universal Call Pickup, calls to colleagues phones can easily be picked. Cerebro Universal Call Pickup works independent of manufacturer and model with each Lync phone and regardless of whether the Lync Desktop Client is started or not.
- BusyOnBusy (second call suppress): With BusyOnBusy second calls to the Client and the IP Phone can be suppressed when the user is already on the phone.
From a customer perspective: The best on the market
For the CIO of dennree Group, Rainer Porzel "colima Cerebro the best thing we have found with regard to the enhancement of Lync standard tools on the market." The key benefits of the modular application Cerebro are:
- With Cerebro you have only one product instead of many - possibly incompatible - tools
- The product is easy and intuitive to use and easy to administer
- Cerebro uses native Lync technology that is 100% compatible and has a "small footprint"
- Cerebro has a flexible licensing model and is scalable for companies of all sizes
- Cerebro runs on Survival Branch Appliance (SBA), so that, for example, employees in branch offices can utilize Cerebro instantly.