The Canvys IoT display is a 32-inch 4K monitor in ultra-HD resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels). An integrated network interface for internal processing of the monitor data makes it possible to control the display externally and to read out important sensor data. The optional RFID reader allows identity and authorization management to be monitored and controlled centrally via the cloud. Canvys is launching the 32-inch size custom display primarily as a universal platform that customers can use as a reference model for testing purposes. The Canvys team can customize the display to OEM-specific requirements including different sizes and resolutions.
The complete interconnectability of the Canvys IoT monitor allows the user to manage the displays centrally from anywhere in the world. This “self-service monitor” is the ideal solution for cost-efficient IoT applications within the industrial and medical markets. This display solution can be individually adapted to user environments, eliminating the need for expensive PCs and peripherals.
- Modular platform enables quick and easy integration
- Enables fast, secure and worldwide networking
- High-quality industrial TFT displays and components available over the long term
- Central administration of all displays integrated into the cloud/network (external controlling)
- Simultaneous firmware update
- Status monitoring of all displays
- Central calibration of monitor settings
- Time-dependent power on/off of the displays
- Convenient monitoring and management functions of internal display sensors (temperature, brightness, contrast, backlight, color values, voltage, shock, and vibration)
- Service message in case of display failure
- Central administration of authentication and authorization management
- Classification between simple users, experts, and maintenance personnel
- Starting up the machine/plant system with locked screen; switching display on and/or activating the touch function only after authentication of the user
- Pay-per-use through traceability of RFID logons
- Ability to establish personal or special monitor settings (DICOM)
- Additional OEM-specific usage options possible
About Richardson Electronics, Ltd.
Richardson Electronics, Ltd. is a leading global provider of engineered solutions, power grid and microwave tubes and related consumables; high value displays, flat panel solutions and replacement parts for diagnostic imaging equipment; and customized display solutions. We serve customers in the alternative energy, healthcare, aviation, broadcast, communications, industrial, marine, medical, military, scientific and semiconductor markets. The Company’s strategy is to provide specialized technical expertise and “engineered solutions” based on our core engineering and manufacturing capabilities. The Company provides solutions and adds value through design-in support, systems integration, prototype design and manufacturing, testing, logistics, and aftermarket technical service and repair through its global infrastructure. More information is available online at www.rell.com
Richardson Electronics common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol RELL.