The exclusive Biametrics 1Lambda-Reflectometric Interference Detection (1Lambda-RIDe) facilitates the analysis of the complete binding kinetics of 1 up to 20,000 individual interactions in one single measurement for real high-throughput screening (rHTS). Thus, the bScreen combines the world of fluorescence assays with the label-free kinetic studies for all applications, when time optimization, efficiency and the complete characterization of biointeractions are required. Hence, the bScreen is best suited for the following areas of application:
- Epitope Mapping with high-density protein- and peptide arrays
- Diagnostic Screening for virus detection, in cancer diagnostics or in systems biology approaches
- Pharmaceutical Screening of small molecules (MW <150 Da) with high-throughput
- Consumer Safety in quality control, particulate matter pollution and biohazard screening
- Concentration (< 1 pg/mm2)
- Association rate constants ka (103 – 107 M-1s-1, higher for macromolecular analytes)
- Dissociation rate constants kd (10-6 – 0.5 s-1)
- Affinity constant KD
- Enthalpy (DH) and entropy (DS)
As a label-free method, the 1Lambda-RIDe technology features a direct assay-format without the need of additional components (e.g. fluorescence-labelled antibodies). Thus material- and time intense washing steps inherent in established µArray protocols are not required. As a consequence, the overall quality of the analysis is increased, as the risk of dissociation of weak binders during the washing steps is prevented (false-negatives). Moreover, the 1Lambda-RIDe technology does not suffer from the detection of false-positives due to unspecific binding of the fluorescence-labels to the surface.
The bScreen comes with an intuitive software package, which controls the setup-up of measurement protocols, the sample handling as well as the measurement procedure. Integrated interfaces enable the import of *.gal-files containing µArray-definitions for a rapid set-up of the sample area. The performant evaluation-kit enables comprehensive kinetic analyses of the measured data. Versatile export functions allow for the transfer of raw and measurement data to third party software for easy integration of the bScreen into LIMS-environments.