Showcasing the diverse technology expertise and leading-edge capabilities available from the business unit’s Europe-wide engineering support operation, Avnet Abacus has selected six new and highly innovative products to be highlighted at its dedicated space. Each of these has been developed with the advice and support of technical experts at Avnet Abacus, in conjunction with its strategic franchise partners.
One key product demonstration in the Avnet Abacus space will be ParceLive - Hanhaa’s live parcel-tracking service, which allows users to determine the exact location and condition of their parcel in real time anywhere in the world. The development of this application is a perfect example of the close cooperation between Avnet Abacus and its franchise partners, helping customers to turn ideas into commercial successes by bringing their products to market quickly.
Additional demonstrations on the stand showcase solutions where Avnet Abacus delivered expert guidance in areas such as component selection, development of specific testing and/or evaluation procedures to meet standards, and improved management of a customer’s supply chain:
- The HYPERVSN display system, which creates, displays and manages hologram-like visuals by combining innovative 3D display and holographic projection technologies.
- A smart-sensor-based parking system from Smart City, which is being deployed in a number of advanced parking schemes located in many cities across Germany.
- The TRUMPF TruDisk system, which enables the precise customisation of high-powered laser-cutting applications.
- The advanced BQ Witbox Go! which delivers fast 3D printing in the home.
- An advanced NetCom communications module, which uses ultra-reliable wireless communication for fire control applications.
The Avnet Abacus team comprises more than 50 product specialists who can provide application guidance across many sectors of the industry, including the internet of things (IoT), robotics, industrial and consumer technologies and more. The team provides to customers a wide range of technical expertise and resources from initial design to the prototyping stage to final production and covering every step in the process. The team is also able to help customers with the product selection process, prototype adoption for volume production, or support with advanced supply chain solutions and logistics.
Avnet Abacus offers an industry-leading portfolio, which includes: passive, interconnect, electromechanical, power, energy storage, wireless and sensor products.
The Avnet EMEA stand at electronica 2018 is located in Hall C5, Stand 101.