Jan joined AMS Technologies in 2010. Prior to joining AMS Technologies, he was the Director of Strategic Marketing for Finisar, a US based company offering optical transceivers for the data and telecommunication industry. Jan holds a MSc equivalent degree in electrical engineering from the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany.
“With a strong focus on Photonics as a key enabling technology, Europe will play a leading role transforming the Photonics industry from its current fragmentation into adopting business models more closely aligned to those of the electronics industry” commented Jan Meise. “I see EPIC providing that collaboration platform to shape and define the future Photonics value chain”.
AMS Technologies is Europe’s leading solution provider and distributor for Optical, Power and Thermal Management Technologies. For more than 30 years, AMS Technologies has been supporting the European market with leading, innovative technologies and products that have allowed its customers to take prime position in their chosen markets. AMS Technologies has been delivering solutions into a variety of high-tech markets, including renewable energies, medical, defence & aerospace, research & scientific and various other industrial segments. Its customer base consists of Europe’s largest leading technology corporations, a network of universities and research institutes as well as the most promising start-ups and is serviced from a network of local offices in Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Poland and Sweden. www.amstechnologies.com
EPIC BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Benno Oderkerk, CEO, Avantes (The Netherlands)
- Bruno Mourey, Vice President Optics and photonics, CEA LETI (France)
- Drew Nelson, President & CEO, IQE (United Kingdom)
- Heinz Seyringer, Head of Research Collaborations, Zumtobel Lighting (Austria)
- Jan Meise, CEO, AMS Technologies (Germany)
- Kurt Weingarten, Founder and CTO, Time-Bandwidth / JDSU (Switzerland)
- Martin Schell, Director, Fraunhofer HHI (Germany)
- Petteri Uusimaa, CEO, Modulight (Finland)