It’s a 0.25 mm thick glass fiber with an emiter on one end. The LED or laser light source will eluminate the entire length of the fiber.
Applications that need the separation of the light emission element (fiber) from a light generating source such as a diode can benefit from this light diffusing fiber solution (woven into fabric, embedded in glass, or bundled together into a cable).
Possibilities also exist for the tuning of color emitted from the fiber dynamically (in the visible region).
- Flexible lighting design element
- Uniform illumination along the length as well as around the fiber
- Tight bend capability
- High and low brightness options
- Custom lengths
- No color dispersion
- One fiber (for use with laser diode) or multiple fiber bundle (for use with LED)
- Various color options with uniformity
- Separation of light generating source (diode) from the light distribution element (fiber)
- Light distribution element can withstand higher temperatures and environments than diodes