The program acts independently of the master controller and works with EtherCAT masters from many manufacturers (Beckhoff, Omron, Bosch-Rexroth, Lenze, acontis, etc.). EC-Inspector analyzes the complete data traffic between the master and the EtherCAT slaves via a TAP (Test Access Point) device. The TAP is recommended to be placed between the master and the first slave, but it can also be installed between any two slave devices.
By using EC-Inspector you can benefit from a lot of advantages like:
- No integration with an existing master controller required
- No impact (e.g. timing, load) on the existing application
- No changes to existing software required
- Very small engineering effort: Simply use the existing ENI file
- Use the same tool to analyze machines operated by controllers from different manufacturers