WoodWing's Smart Connection Enterprise 5.0 - More Tools, More Innovation
"One of the reasons that Smart Connection Enterprise has become the editorial system of choice around the world is that we never stop adding innovations," said Erik Schut, President of WoodWing Software. "With version 5.0, we’ve added a host of new features that are going to benefit users and publications across the publishing spectrum. We’ve put special emphasis on providing tools for convergence, allowing publishers to use all available forms of media — print, Web, audio and video — to tell their story. It’s a concept that we call ‘blended media’."
Among the new features are:
- Adobe CS3 Support. Enterprise now offers full support for Adobe InDesign CS3 and InCopy CS3, Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3, all tightly integrated.
- Multi-media packaging. A new feature called ’Dossiers’ allows the user to package together all items — articles, images, video and audio — related to a single story, while maintaining an individual workflow for each of these items.
- Editing enhancements. Enterprise’s popular Web Editor is now even more streamlined, with an automatic save-and-recovery feature and a larger work area among the many enhancements. InCopy has been Web-enabled, with the ability to create and manage hyperlinks.
- Smart Links. A new Smart Links feature eliminates the problems caused by working with high-res images in InDesign over a slow network connection or the web. Large images files will only be transmitted when absolutely necessary. By default, only the InDesign preview will be used when working on a page.
- Pagination per edition. It’s now a snap for users to vary the page numbering on a per-edition basis. Simply changing the viewed edition in InDesign will update the page numbering.
- Other enhancements. Enterprise 5.0 also features improved licensing, better management of editions, access rights on meta data, additional queries options and many other improvements.
"Our main goal with all of these enhancements is to help our customers look to the future," Schut said. "The publishing industry changes on a daily basis, and we want to help publishers stay ahead of the curve. Smart Connection Enterprise was already the most powerful and versatile editorial solution on the market. With this new release we stay in the lead."
Smart Connection Enterprise 5.0 is available immediately via WoodWing’s partners.
WoodWing creates the most progressive solutions available on the market for the production of print and online publications. Rapid growth worldwide and success across the full spectrum of small to large publishers demonstrate that WoodWing makes the best tools for the best price.
WoodWing Software is located in Zaandam, The Netherlands, and has regional sales companies for Europe, the USA, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America. Customers are served through select partners. For more information, visit www.woodwing.com.
Diese Pressemitteilungen könnten Sie auch interessieren
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Cloudian stellt HyperStore 7 vor
Die Verwaltung von Daten über lokale und Cloud-Storage-Systeme hinweg, hat sich bisher als wenig praktikabel erwiesen, da viele Anbieter von Cloud-Storage ihre eigenen APIs verwenden. Dies erschwert es, Workloads über Clouds hinweg zu optimieren und macht es unmöglich die Vorteile mehrerer Clouds flexibel zu nutzen. Das Konzept der flexiblen Multi-Cloud lässt sich bei diesen Voraussetzungen nicht umsetzen.Weiterlesen