VMware gibt Zahlen für das vierte Quartal und das gesamte Jahr 2011 bekannt(PresseBox) ( München, )
- Wachstum des Jahresertrags um 32 Prozent auf 3,77 Milliarden US-Dollar; Wachstum im vierten Quartal um 27 Prozent zum Vergleichszeitraum aus 2010 auf 1,06 Milliarden US-Dollar
- Jährliche Umsatzrendite von 19,5 Prozent; Nicht-GAAP-Umsatzrendite von 31 Prozent mit einer Umsatzrendite aus dem vierten Quartal von 22,2 Prozent; Nicht-GAAP Umsatzrendite von 31,9 Prozent
- Wachstum beim Cashflow aus laufender Geschäftstätigkeit in den vergangenen zwölf Monaten um 72 Prozent auf 2,03 Milliarden US-Dollar
- Zunahme des freien Cashflows um 62 Prozent auf 1,95 Milliarden US-Dollar
VMware, weltweiter Marktführer von Virtualisierungslösungen und Cloud-Infrastrukturen gibt seine Finanzzahlen für das vierte Quartal und das gesamte Jahr 2011 bekannt. 'Die starke Entwicklung im vergangenen Quartal signalisiert, dass Virtualisierung die Grundlage für die Vereinfachung und Automation von IT ist', sagt Paul Maritz, CEO von VMware. 'Da unsere Kunden die Transformation ihrer IT erheblich vorantreiben, bleibt es unsere Aufgabe Lösungen bereit zu stellen, die mehr als Kosteneinsparungen und Wettbewerbsvorteile bieten.'
Details zu den Finanzzahlen entnehmen Sie bitte der englischsprachigen Pressemeldung wie folgt:
- Annual Revenue Growth of 32% to $3.77 Billion with Fourth Quarter Year-over-Year Growth of 27% to $1.06 Billion
- Annual Operating Margin of 19.5%; Non-GAAP Operating Margin of 31.0%. Fourth Quarter Operating Margin of 20.2%; Non-GAAP Operating Margin of 31.9%
- Trailing Twelve Months Operating Cash Flows Growth of 72% to $2.03 Billion; Free Cash Flows Growth of 62% to $1.95 Billion
Supplemential Financial Tables
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
- Revenues for the fourth quarter were $1.06 billion, an increase of 27% from the fourth quarter of 2010, and an increase of 26% measured in constant currency.
- Operating income for the fourth quarter was $214 million, an increase of 64% from the fourth quarter of 2010. Non-GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter was $338 million, an increase of 37% from the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Net income for the fourth quarter was $200 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, compared to $120 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2010. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $266 million, or $0.62 per diluted share, compared to $198 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Operating cash flows for the fourth quarter were $561 million, an increase of 38% from the fourth quarter of 2010. Free cash flows for the quarter were $535 million, an increase of 32% from the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Revenues for 2011 were $3.77 billion, an increase of 32% from 2010.
- Operating income for 2011 was $735 million, an increase of 72% from 2010. Non-GAAP operating income for 2011 was $1.17 billion, an increase of 43% from 2010.
- Net income for 2011 was $724 million, or $1.68 per diluted share, compared to $357 million, or $0.84 per diluted share, for 2010. Non-GAAP net income for 2011 was $936 million, or $2.17 per diluted share, compared to $639 million, or $1.51 per diluted share, for 2010.
- Operating cash flows for 2011 were $2.03 billion, an increase of 72% and free cash flows for the year were $1.95 billion, an increase of 62% from 2010.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments were $4.51 billion and unearned revenue was $2.71 billion as of December 31, 2011.
U.S. revenues for 2011 grew 26% to $1.82 billion from 2010. International revenues grew 38% to $1.94 billion from 2010.
License revenues for 2011 were $1.84 billion, an increase of 31% from 2010. Service revenues, which include software maintenance and professional services, were $1.93 billion for 2011, an increase of 32% from 2010.
'We are pleased with our record fourth quarter results,' said Mark Peek, chief financial officer, VMware. 'Our investments over the years have clearly paid off and we will continue to take advantage of long-term opportunities ahead. First quarter 2012 revenues are expected to be in the range of $1.015 and $1.040 billion, an increase of 20% to 23% from the first quarter 2011. Annual 2012 revenues are expected to be in the range of $4.475 and $4.6 billion, an increase of 19% to 22% from 2011, and annual license revenues are expected to grow between 11% and 16%.'
Recent Highlights & Strategic Announcements
- In October 2011, VMware unveiled three product suites designed to simplify and automate IT management. With significant enhancements to VMware® vCenter Operations(TM) and the introduction of new VMware® vFabric Application Management(TM) and VMware® IT Business Management suites, VMware will help customers amplify the value of their virtual environments and achieve the agility and economics of cloud computing.
- VMware announced VMware vCenter(TM) Protect Essentials Plus(TM) , a complete on-premise management system designed to meet the needs of the small and midsize businesses (SMBs) and enhancements to its VMware Go Pro(TM) service, simplifying IT management for SMBs.
-VMware announced VMware® Horizon Mobile, a simple way for IT departments to securely provision, manage and de-provision a corporate mobile workspace to an employee's Android device over-the-air, while enabling the employee to retain the privacy and control of their personal mobile environments. VMware Horizon Mobile is expected to be available in early 2012.
- In December 2011, VMware announced new VMware View(TM) Clients for Kindle Fire, Mac and Linux, along with updates to its popular VMware View Clients for Android and iPad. The new VMware View Clients for Mac and Linux enable IT organizations to empower more agile, productive and connected workforce or school communities by providing an easy-to-access, high-fidelity desktop virtualization experience optimized for the device of their choice. The new VMware View(TM) Clients for Mac and Linux are expected to be available in early 2012.
VMware plans to host a conference call today to review its fourth quarter and 2011 results and to discuss its financial outlook. The call is scheduled to begin at 2:00 p.m. PT/ 5:00 p.m. ET and can be accessed via the Web at http://ir.vmware.com. The webcast will be available live, and a replay will be available following completion of the live broadcast for approximately 60 days.