Microsoft Exchange Management - the next Generation
The New Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange Reduces the Time Exchange Administrators Spend Managing Mailbox Access and Tracking Email Activity by up to 70 Percent
"With traditional approaches, it was very difficult to understand access to mailboxes and public folders across all the Exchange servers, effectively audit email access and communication, and find owners for public folders and mailboxes," said Bernard Besohe, local mail and system administrator for the Publications Office of the European Union. "With Varonis DatAdvantage for Exchange, we have significantly reduced our Exchange access and data management workload for tasks that we do many times every day. We now have a single console with a complete map to our ever-growing Exchange environment that has enabled our staff to identify and proactively manage and protect Exchange data."
"Exchange data is a tremendous challenge to manage because permissions are not often well maintained, activity is not easily tracked or analyzed, and ownership for mailboxes and public folders is unknown," said Vivian Tero, analyst for IDC. "Email systems contain a rapidly growing set of critical data that is very hard to protect and manage. By bringing the power of their widely used data governance system and Metadata Framework(TM) to the Exchange platform, Varonis is significantly increasing the control and efficiency that IT administrators have over this extremely important set of semi-structured data."
Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange enables customers to manage Exchange mailboxes and public folders alongside file servers and SharePoint sites through the proven Varonis Metadata Framework and DatAdvantage UI, offering the same trusted permissions visibility, audit trails and recommendations that customers have come to expect from Varonis Data Governance solutions.
"As the most widely adopted messaging platform and semi-structured data repository in the world, Microsoft Exchange is the go-to cross-functional collaboration system for many organizations," said Yaki Faitelson, Chief Executive Officer, President and Co-founder of Varonis.. "Administrators are under enormous pressure to ensure that Exchange is secure, responsive, and constantly available. To do this, they require automation to understand activity patterns over the entire platform, understand ownership of the data, visualize access for all mailboxes and public folders across all the information stores, easily identify stale mailboxes and public folders and optimize processes for consolidation and migration. Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange automates tasks that Exchange administrators are already doing manually, hundreds of times every day."
With Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange, customers can:
- Clean up shared mailboxes and identity appropriate delegation rights
- Clean up public folders and designate ownership assignments
- Audit and track message activity
- Identify spikes in activity
- Identify and remove stale public folders and mailboxes
Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange features include:
- Bi-directional Permissions Visibility: From both a mailbox/folder and user/group view that allows administrators to easily analyze and report on permissions, spot permissions errors and improperly delegated access
- Auditing Automation: A detailed audit trail with highly granular filtering and sorting so administrators can easily see when email was sent, from and to whom it was sent, and when it was opened
- Recommendations and Permissions Modeling: Enabling administrators to quickly spot excessive rights and test permissions changes-prior to committing them-so that changes will not disrupt end-user productivity
- Ownership Identification: Automating ownership identification, assignment and reporting for mailboxes, public folders, and distribution groups to facilitate proper access authorization and review
- Stale Data Identification: Enabling IT to reduce storage overhead and costs
Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange is available immediately for Exchange 2007 SP2, SP3, and starts at $8,000-$12,000 (£6000-£9,000).
For more information about Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange, visit www.varonis.com/products/datadvantage/exchange
Varonis is the leader in unstructured and semi-structured data governance for file systems, SharePoint and NAS devices, and Exchange servers. Named "Cool Vendor" in Risk Management and Compliance by Gartner, Voted one of the "Fast 50 Reader Favorites" on FastCompany.com. Varonis has more than 2500 installations worldwide. Based on patented technology and a highly accurate analytics engine, Varonis' solutions give organizations total visibility and control over their data, ensuring that only the right users have access to the right data at all times. Varonis is headquartered in New York, N.Y., regional offices in Europe, Asia and Latin America, with research and development offices in Hertzliya, Israel
Varonis, the Varonis logo, DatAdvantage and DataPrivilege are registered trademarks of Varonis Systems in the United States and/or other countries and Data Classification Framework and Metadata Framework are under a registration process in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.