Texas Instruments introduces the industry's smallest, highest throughput PCI Express to PCI translation bridge
Device eases migration path from conventional PCI to PCI Express technology
The XIO2001 offers several advantages that allow designers to maximize performance. The XIO2001 Performance Tuning Tool allows register settings within the bridge to be customized in real time using a graphical user interface (GUI), allowing customers to easily tune the bridge for maximum performance in their application. The XIO2001 also provides twice the throughput when measuring upstream memory access performance through the bridge compared to other devices. This is important to customers with implementations where high bandwidth and low latency are key.
Key features and benefits
- The XIO2001 is available in a 7 mm x 7 mm package, saving customers valuable board space
- The XIO2001 Performance Tuning Tool (XPT) GUI makes it easy for customers to customize and tailor bridge performance settings for their own applications
- An internal arbiter supports up to six downstream PCI bus masters, versus four supported by competitive devices, which eliminates the need for external arbitration devices
- The XIO2001 integrates buffered clocks, which eliminates the need for an external clock buffer and reduces bill of materials cost
- Built-in adaptive equalization improves jitter tolerance so designers can use a longer PCB trace or cable length
Availability and pricing
The XIO2001 comes in both 7 mm x 7 mm ZAJ and 12 mm x 12 mm ZGU packages (commercial temperature) priced at $5.50 each, and the 12 mm x 12 mm IZGU package (industrial temperature) is priced at $6.05. Pricing is in quantities of 1,000.
Find out more about TI's interface products by visiting these links:
- Order XIO2001 samples and evaluation modules: www.ti.com/xio2001-pr.
- View video on using the XIO2001 Performance Tuning Tool: www.ti.com/xio2001xpt-pr.
- Download TI's Interface Selection Guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge on TI's E2E online community: http://www.ti.com/e2e-pr.
- Follow TI on Twitter: www.twitter.com/txinstruments.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Diese Pressemitteilungen könnten Sie auch interessieren
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Großrechnerstudie von Forrester und Compuware verlangt nach frischem Blut
Ausgerechnet „altes Blech“ soll die Digitalisierung vorantreiben. Aber um diese Aufgabe stemmen zu können, benötigt der Mainframe technische und personelle Blutauffrischung.Weiterlesen