TI Class-D amplifiers feature automatic gain control and dynamic range compression and advance portable audio performance
TPA2028D1's output power 43 percent higher than competition to improve volume and clarity in portable devices
Key features and benefits of the TPA2028D1 and TPA2026D2
- The devices have higher output power than the leading competition, yielding louder volume.
TPA2028D1 drives 3 W/channel into 4 Ohms at 5 V for 43 percent higher output power
TPA2026D2 drives 3.2 W/channel into 4 Ohms at 5 V for 52 percent higher output power2x reduction in the quiescent current extends battery life.
- 10x reduction in offset voltage, significantly lowers popnoise for clearer audio.
- Programmable SmartGain DRC with selectable compression ratios for up to 30dB gain significantly enhances the loudness without increasing the peak voltage.
Availability and pricing
The TPA2028D1 is available now in a 1.63mm x 1.63mm, 0.5mm pitch, 9ball WCSP and is priced at $0.90 in 1,000unit quantities. The TPA2026D2 is available now in a 2.2mm x 2.2mm, 0.5mm pitch, 16ball WCSP and is priced at $1.30 in 1,000unit quantities.
Find out more about the TPA2028D1 and TPA2026D2 and TI's audio portfolio:
- Order samples and EVMs: www.ti.com/tpa2028d1-pr.
- Download Audio Selection Guide: www.ti.com/audio-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow audio engineers in the TI E2ETM Community: www.ti.com/audioforum-pr.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.