Secure, accurate energy monitoring achieved with TI's new MSP430 MCU for e-metering applications
MSP430F471xx ultra-low power MCUs offer high accuracy, simultaneous sampling and anti-tamper for three-phase e-metering applications
Key features and benefits of the MSP430F471xx three-phase e-metering MCU
- Integrated MCU solution with dedicated 16-bit sigma delta converters for three-phase e-metering applications
- Precise energy measurements with better than 0.1 percent accuracy
- Well suited for power-line monitoring with simultaneous sampling of all channels
- Ultra-low power consumption when LCD, real-time clock and other peripherals are in use helps maintain data when back-up battery is used during power outage
- Support of tamper detection and high-precision measurements like temperature and humidity with 7th sigma delta converter for measurement of current and voltage signals
- Flexible memory options with up to 120kB Flash and 8kB RAM
- Development made easy with code examples, evaluation module and application note that details faster calibration to jump-start design
TI's broad portfolio drives smarter grid solutions
TI's comprehensive utility metering portfolio includes devices targeted at electricity, water and gas metering, as well as power line communications (PLC) and radio frequency (RF) interfaces for advanced meter infrastructure (AMI) that allow customers to design smart grid solutions. From highly optimized application specific embedded processors, low power RF, power management and RFID to dedicated software support for ZigBee,6LoWPAN, WMBUS, OFDM and SFSK modulations, TI offers the most complete solution set for smart metering.
Pricing and availability
F471xx MCUs are priced between $5.75 and $7.95 for 1K units and are available now along with the $75 MSP-TS430PZ100A target board. In addition, these devices are fully compatible with the $149 MSP-FET430U100A flash emulation tool and e-meter EVM (available via local sales support).
Find out more about TI's MSP430F471xx MCU by visiting the links below:
- F471xx product folder - www.ti.com/F471xx-prprod
- MSP430 metering - www.ti.com/F471xx-prhome
- TI's metering microsite - www.ti.com/F471xx-pr-meteringhome
- TI MSP430 - www.ti.com/F471xx-430prhome
- MSP430 tools page - www.ti.com/F471xx-430prtools
- TI's microcontrollers - www.ti.com/F471xx-prmcu
- MCU tools videos - www.ti.com/F471xx-prvid
- TI E2E MCU community - www.ti.com/F471xx-pr-e2emcu
- TI eStore - www.ti.com/F471xx-prestore
- TI energy blog - www.ti.com/F471xx-prtinergy
- Follow TI on Twitter - www.ti.com/F471xx-prtwitter
- Sign up for TI MCU newsletters and other information: www.ti.com/F471xx-mytipr
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.