New SYSGO's ELinOS 5.1 available now
The new 5.1 release brings many improvements as well as new features and up to date components to the long established ELinOS product line.
"In today's competitive environment of embedded Linux solutions, we are glad to see that what has made the early success of ELinOS is still recognized as very valuable by our customers", said Jacques Brygier, VP Marketing. "Industrial quality, clean and well structured product packaging, heavily tested hardware support are as equally appreciated as powerful and user-friendly IDE (Integrated Development Environment), large scope of supported architectures and real-time extensions. The new 5.1 version focuses on keeping all those advantages but also providing ways to secure previous development together with paths to upgrade to new features and libraries."
The new 5.1 version brings the following improvements:
- Integration of new kernel stable version 2.6.34 as long as other supported versions such as 2.6.33, 2.6.32, 2.6.27 and 2.6.22 to support new features and to guarantee previous compatibility and smooth migration
- Real-time extension based on Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL) implementation (PREEMPT RT) especially designed and tested for industrial needs (available with 2.6.33 kernel)
- Real-time extension based on Xenomai 2.5.5 (available with 2.6.34 kernel)
- Support for latest embedded CPUs including Freescale QorIQ, ARM Cortex, TI OMAP 4
- SMP (Symmetric multiprocessing) support on multi-core platforms x86, x86-64, PPC 60x, PPC e500, PPC e500mc, ARM, and MIPS64 (including Cavium Networks' OCTEON)
- Extended tracing capabilities and improved tracing performance, including SMP and 64-bit based applications
- Networking management tool for
- New 4.0 version of CODEO, the eclipse based IDE that includes integration of QEMU simulator as a development target
- Security features such as integrated rule-based firewall, support for digitally signed binaries, secure remote shell access, VPN (StrongSWAN, OpenVPN)
- More than 2000 precompiled target libraries and applications such as BusyBox, XOrg7.3, Mesa7.0, QT 4.7, QT embedded 4.7, GTK+ 2.20.1, OpenSSH, Lighttpd, Apache 2.2.16, network manager 0.8.1 and many more
- Enhanced support of Adobe® Flash® Lite(TM)
- Support for Windows 7 32 and 64-bit host platforms
ELinOS 5.1 is available now. The six families of supported processors are the x86, PowerPC, ARM, SH, SPARC V8 and MIPS64. ELinOS 5.1 is available for Linux and Windows hosted platforms.
SYSGO provides operating system technology, middleware, and software services for the real-time and embedded market. A differentiating capability of SYSGO is the SSV (Safe and Secure Virtualization) platform PikeOS, a paravirtualization operating system which is built upon a small, fast, and safe microkernel. It supports the co-existence of independent operating system personalities on a single platform, including ELinOS, SYSGO's embedded Linux distribution. SYSGO supports international customers with services for embedded Linux, real-time capabilities and certification for safety-critical applications. Markets include Aerospace & Defense, Industrial Automation, Automotive, Transportation and Network Infrastructure. Customers include Airbus, EADS, Thales, Daimler, Raytheon, B. Braun, Rheinmetall, Rockwell-Collins, Nokia Siemens Network, and Rohde & Schwarz. SYSGO has facilities in Germany, France, The Czech Republic and North America, and offers a global distribution and support network, including Europe and the Pacific Rim.
For more information please visit www.sysgo.com