CA 94066 63128, de
+1 (650) 396-8538
New Research Shows Video Collaboration is an Unmet Need for Employee Portals
80% of employees are using video to collaborate, with or without the proper tools
The study, and the resulting research report, found that there's significant interest in video communication among employees, but lack of education and tools are a challenge. Only a very small 12 percent had never uploaded a video to their portal platform. However, nearly two thirds of video uploaders encountered problems. These results provide insight into how enterprises can speed up the adoption and use of video to support internal communications, training and collaboration.
- Nine out of ten survey respondents indicate that they see a value for video in the enterprise.
- The majority of respondents feel ready to interact with video at work but indicate a lack of tools or platforms to support the effective creation and sharing of video.
- A majority of respondents indicated they have attempted to upload video at work and have experienced at least some level of difficulty completing the task.
- More than half of respondents want to see better support for streaming video.
Download the full survey results report.
The survey asked employees to respond to scenarios where enterprise video would be beneficial, such as training, internal communications and collaboration.
- 64 percent want video training for office workers.
- 44 percent want video for human resources and employee benefits communications.
- 40 percent want video-based executive and internal communications.
- 38 percent want video for better project and departmental communications.
With a little planning and investment, enterprises can take advantage of employee readiness and create a video-friendly environment. The ideal platform should consolidate the video functions into a single environment where video and rich media assets can be centrally managed through their life cycle. Ease-of-use functions for employees to capture and upload employee-generated content, intuitive asset management, publishing and reporting create a true video ecosystem.
"Organizations looking at the next level of communications tools should be considering video on their portals as a top priority," said Vern Hanzlik, senior vice president and general manager, Qumu. "The industry research tells us that employees are ready; now companies need to follow their lead and start deploying the tools and resources to meet employee demand."
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.