CONNECTIONS Europe - Nov 15-16 Amsterdam
Please join us at this important event: http://www.parksassociates.com/events/europe/2010/amsterdam/media/press-pass.htm
Companies Speaking include:
Accedo Broadband, Acetrax, ActiveVideo Networks, Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB), Alcatel-Lucent, Alticast, Bestv, Cisco, Cloudberry Associates, Dell, Deutsche Telekom AG, Ericsson AB, Femto Forum, France Telecom-Orange Labs, F-Secure, Gigle Networks, HbbTV, HCL America, IBM, Institut fuer Rundfunktechnik GmbH, IP Vision, Irdeto, Juniper Networks, Latens Systems, Lilli Group Ltd., Limelight Networks, NDS, ng Connect, Omnifone, OpenTV, Oregan Networks Ltd, Philips, Radialpoint, Ralink Technology, Rovi Corporation, Ruckus Wireless, ruwido, Samsung Electronics Europe, Verimatrix, Veveo, Vidiator, Virgin Media, Visiware, Widevine, Zeitera
- Benoit Joly, Vice-President, Home Network & Applications, Technicolor
- By 2014, data will account for over 46% of mobile service revenues in Western European countries.
- The number of European households with a connected TV will grow from less than 4 million in 2009 to 47 million in 2014.
- The growth of hybrid set-top boxes, which offer broadcast and broadband/IPTV options, is a major trend in the European video market, especially as the continent is poised for full DTT (digital terrestrial TV) switchover
- Mobile revenues in Western Europe will grow to almost $14.7 million total by 2014, buoyed in large part by steadily increasing data revenues.
- Home network penetration in Western European countries stands at 44% of households, compared with 36% in North America. More than 30 million households have managed gateways, more than twice the penetration in North America.
- Broadband Value-Added Services: Customer Satisfaction and Technical Support
- Mobile Broadband: Devices, Strategies, and Consumer Demand
- Next-Gen Video Services: Personalization and Flexibility
- Consumers and Connected Consumer Electronics
- Bringing the Content: Content Delivery and Control for Connected TVs
- Extending the Video Experience to Multiple Screens
- Controlling the Experience: Managing Video Content
- Value-added Services & the Video Ecosystem
- Mobile Video: The Cloud, the App Store, & the Connected Home
- Advisory Sponsors: Accedo Broadband, ActiveVideo Networks, ADB, Gigle Networks, Latens, PV, Provision Communications, Radialpoint, Ralink, Virgin Media
- Supporting Sponsor: Zeitera