manroland sheetfed and Baumann hold open day
manroland sheetfed and Baumann host successful open day in Offenbach
As a result, customers were invited to a special event in June held at manroland's Print Techology Centre in Offenbach hosted by manroland sheetfed and their German sales partner Baumann, who are located in Hessia, Germany.
During the open day around 40 customers witnessed the high productivity and efficiency of manroland sheetfed presses. The event kicked off with a welcome speech by manroland sheetfed's Dr. Peter Conrady, Deputy Vice President Sales, who extended, of behalf of the company, a warm welcome and heart-felt thanks to the customers for their support and trust.
This was followed by a detailed introduction on the ROLAND sheetfed offset product range from the ROLAND 200 to ROLAND 900, as well as presentations on value added printing (VAP) solutions. The delegates were suitably impressed with the new developments of the ROLAND 700 HiPrint, showcased at drupa 2012, namely:
- A custom-designed Performance Package. The ROLAND 700 HiPrint could be further optimized for different application requirements
- The new generation InlineFoiler with indexing function, which saves up to 55% in consumption of cold foil.
- InlineColorPilot with InlineRegister and Colorimetry- the print quality measuring and regulation system integrated inside the press - capable of controlling and adjusting the register automatically, producing quality reports based on colorimetry (Lab values)
- InlineInspector 2.0 offers the full sheet inspection down to 200dpi, along with PDF comparison down to 4pt text (multiple camera system) to ensure accuracy and readability of the final print products.
- New version of Quickstart plus containing a series of improvements in paper infeed and ink/water balance process, which can further optimize the start-up process after a job break
- Autoprint smart, as well as make-ready settings, job data processing is also improved.
- QuickChange Color plus Self Learn 2.0, color zone will be intelligently preset to further reduce the starting waste.
- Process Monitor offers deep analysis, display and evaluation of printing quality and print run stability.
Delegates took part in live demonstrations of manroland presses to help them stay ahead of their competition. These included a Low Energy Curing (LEC) process, a LEC-UV process on a ROLAND 500 for commercial print and a ROLAND 200 with InlineCoater for quick changeover from paper to stiff cardboard.
The hybrid machine "Offset meets Digital"
With everybody talking about digital printing in the print industry, manroland sheetfed have the perfect solution to combine the unbeatable quality and design opportunities of offset printing with digital printing to individualize packages, labels and mailings. The inkjet head is integrated in a specially adapted application module which is ideally located between the last printing unit and the coating unit or delivery, the best conditions for industrial production with the proven performance of offset printing! With manroland's partner Atlantic Zeiser a proven technology for monochrome printing impression has been achieved.
From the feedback the delegates found the day to be useful with one delegate stating "We really appreciate that manroland has provided us with such an opportunity to witness their most advanced printing technologies. We are also very glad to see the rapid development of the new manroland sheetfed. With such sophisticated technological support by manroland, and with what Dr. Peter Conrady has just presented, we are confident that we are able to 'ride on the waves of the fast changing global printing industry with ease'."
manroland sheetfed plan to hold a number of similar open days in Offenbach in the future.
This press release contains projections for the future based on the well-founded assumptions and prognoses of the management of manroland sheetfed GmbH. Though management believes these assumptions and estimates to be correct, actual developments in the future, as well as actual operating results, may deviate from those put forward by management due to factors beyond the control of the company, such factors to include, for example, fluctuating exchange rates, changes within the graphic arts industry, or any other unforeseen economic and/or market transformations. manroland sheetfed GmbH makes no guarantees that future developments and/or future operating results will match any of the numbers and/or statements put forth in this press release, and assumes no liability if such situations arise. Furthermore, no responsibility is assumed for updating any of the statements and/or figures contained herein.
manroland sheetfed GmbH
manroland sheetfed GmbH (www.manroland.com) began trading on 10 February 2012, following the acquisition of the sheetfed division of the insolvent manroland AG by British industrialist Tony Langley and Langley Holdings plc. (www.langleyholdings.com). manroland sheetfed employs around 900 people at the HQ in Offenbach, Germany and over 2000 people worldwide, in over 40 subsidiaries.