Integration of Powernext Futures into EEX Power Derivatives implemented as scheduled

(PresseBox) ( Leipzig, )
An essential milestone in the framework of the power trading co-operation between European Energy Exchange AG (EEX) and Powernext SA has been reached with the contribution of the Powernext power futures to EEX Power Derivatives GmbH as of 1 April 2009. EEX Power Derivatives, in which EEX holds 80 percent of the shares while the Paris-based Powernext holds the remaining 20 percent, will continue power derivatives trading for France with immediate effect in accordance with the co-operation agreement.

The Powernext Power Futures have now been integrated into the EEX Power Derivatives product "French Power Future". Physical settlement of the base load and peak load futures (month, quarter and year futures) is provided through the delivery of power into the TSO zone of RTE. Clearing and settlement of all products is ensured by European Commodity Clearing AG (ECC), the clearing house of EEX and its partner exchanges.

"The trading participants can trade all products on the Derivatives Market through one access to the market and, hence, benefit considerably from synergetic effects as well as from bundled liquidity and harmonised processes and structures", Oliver Maibaum, Managing Director of EEX Power Derivatives GmbH, emphasizes.
Für die oben stehenden Pressemitteilungen, das angezeigte Event bzw. das Stellenangebot sowie für das angezeigte Bild- und Tonmaterial ist allein der jeweils angegebene Herausgeber (siehe Firmeninfo bei Klick auf Bild/Meldungstitel oder Firmeninfo rechte Spalte) verantwortlich. Dieser ist in der Regel auch Urheber der Pressetexte sowie der angehängten Bild-, Ton- und Informationsmaterialien.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an service@pressebox.de.