BEITEN BURKHARDT Reinforces Practice Group Dispute Resolution
Dr. Walden, who will reinforce the Dispute Resolution team headed by Dr. Holger Peres and Roland Startz as Salary Partner, has been active as lawyer and legal adviser for seven years.
During this period, he has developed a broad economic law expertise from a corporate perspective, focusing on advice on stock corporation law and group-related corporate law, assistance in M&A transactions and conducting several corporate law disputes.
As legal adviser of HypoVereinsbank, he was significantly involved in the sale of Bank Austria and other Eastern European subsidiaries including the subsequent legal disputes. A highlight of his career was his assistance in a highly-complex judicial dispute on the assessment of group allocations. In the area of Corporate/M&A Dr. Walden was in charge of several intragroup restructurings, in particular in integrating the investment banking business of UniCredit Group under the umbrella of HypoVereinsbank.
Dr. Peres commented on the transfer as follows: "We are glad that with Dr. Walden a competent and perseverant colleague joins BEITEN BURKHARDT, who will be an excellent addition to our Corporate Litigation team in Munich as Salary Partner. Together we can thus offer our clients an even more practice-oriented consultation on complicated issues of stock corporation and group-related corporate law.
With the reinforcement BEITEN BURKHARDT reacts to the clearly increasing number of corporate law disputes. Besides the proceedings in relation to structuring measures of listed companies there are more and more disputes on proper management, organisation and supervision by company's bodies. The related civil law and criminal law implications lead to an increased need fro qualified corporate law advice, also in unlisted companies.
BEITEN BURKHARDT Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- Beiten Burkhardt is an independent international law firm.
- Beiten Burkhardt provides advice on all aspects of commercial law to medium-sized companies, large corporations, banks and various industry groups, as well as to the public sector.
- Along with its offices in Germany, Beiten Burkhardt has a strong international presence in Eastern Europe, China and Brussels. We also cooperate closely with other excellent law firms in key markets.
- Beiten Burkhardt renders legal services worldwide, with around 370 lawyers working in 13 offices: Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt am Main, Hong Kong, Kyiv, Moscow, Munich, Nuremberg, Shanghai, St. Petersburg and Warsaw.
- For further information see www.beitenburkhardt.com