- BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH
- Rheinpromenade 1
- 40789 Monheim am Rhein
- Shailesh Shah
- +1 (215) 628-1214
Cognis at Chinacoat 2010: green and high-performance solutions for the paints and coatings industry
In Asia, consumers are increasingly demanding products that combine high performance with environmental compatibility. With its Greenovating concept, Cognis Functional Products focuses on developing genuine green chemical solutions with quantifiable benefits. As a result, it enables manufacturers to make verifiable claims that help them to achieve success in the paints and coatings market.
Stateoftheart coating additives
Among the products that Cognis will present at Chinacoat is a highly efficient, VOCfree, natural oilbased coalescent that offers excellent efficiency in reducing the minimum film forming temperature.
Cognis will also show a low foaming, APEOfree wetting and dispersing agent suitable for organic and inorganic pigment concentrates, tint bases and factory finished paints.
Another group of products presented will be a range of highly efficient rheology modifiers based on stateoftheart associative thickening technology for waterbased paints and coatings. These products offer a wide variety of rheological profiles, and contain no VOCs, APEO's, heavy metals or solvents. Products include:
- A low shear rheology modifier, which is up to five times more efficient than its benchmark.
- A Newtonian, high shear (ICI) viscosity builder which exceeds HEUR technology in performance and efficiency.
Cognis will also exhibit innovative defoamers that are specifically designed for paints in full PVC range and for tinting systems. On show will be:
- A VOCfree, siliconepolymer emulsion defoamer for full paint PVC range that offers an optimum balance between compatibility and defoaming efficiency.
- Enhanced mineral oil hyperbranched polymer based defoamers that provide very fast bubblebreak times for midhigh PVC paints- particularly suitable for fast drying paints.
- A defoamer range based on hyperbranched polymers with highend organosilicone polymers that deliver fast defoaming action and very high efficiency in resin rich and surfactant rich, midlow PVC paints and tinting pastes.
- A troubleshooting defoamer that combines very good film appearance with up to 50 percent higher efficiency than benchmark silicone defoamers.
Also on show at Chinacoat will be a new series of nextgeneration, gelfree, lowfoaming, lowpourpoint, nonionic surfactants for emulsion polymerization.
Shailesh Shah, Director Global Marketing Coatings, comments: "Chinacoat is one of the most important trade shows for us. Thanks to our expertise in additives for waterbased architectural and industrial paints and coatings, we can offer innovative solutions that comply with the latest regulations and serve the sustainability trend in Asia. This enables manufacturers to meet consumer demand for highperforming green products, thereby giving them a competitive edge in the market."
Cognis expert to pass on Green Chemistry and Engineering expertise
During the Chinacoat trade show Cognis will share its expertise in a seminar:
- "Applying Principles of Green Chemistry & Engineering to Design Additives" (September 27, 2.30-3.20 p.m., Seminar Number 504): Dr. Mao Jianhua, Regional Technical Director of Cognis Asia-Pacific Functional Products, will speak about green principles and how they are implemented in the development of green coating additives. The seminar will be held in meeting room no. 5, Level C, Multi-Functional Building, Phase 2, Guangzhou International Convention & Exhibition Center (Pazhou Complex).
The latest products from Cognis Functional Products will be on display at booth 10, B 07-12.
BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH
Cognis is currently owned by private equity funds advised by Permira, GS Capital Partners, and SV Life Sciences. In 2009, Cognis recorded sales of about 2.6 billion euros and an adjusted EBITDA (operating result) of 364 million euros.
Für die oben stehenden Pressemitteilungen, das angezeigte Event bzw. das Stellenangebot sowie für das angezeigte Bild- und Tonmaterial ist allein der jeweils angegebene Herausgeber (siehe Firmeninfo bei Klick auf Bild/Meldungstitel oder Firmeninfo rechte Spalte) verantwortlich. Dieser ist in der Regel auch Urheber der Pressetexte sowie der angehängten Bild-, Ton- und Informationsmaterialien.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.