80803 München, de
+49 (89) 318814-16
6th BioVaria: Life-Science Innovation for Industry and Investors
BioVaria Spin-off Award goes to NdL(PresseBox) ( Munich, )
'I very much recommend this event to every external innovation scout in the biopharmaceutical industry who is responsible for inlicensing early-stage projects. Nowhere else can you find such a density of high-quality offers and meet scientists and technology transfer professionals from all over Europe,' said Dr Marcus Kostka, Director Research Networking at Boehringer Ingelheim.
This year also saw a Spin-off Panel featuring six selected start-ups. Based on brief introductory statements and a challenging question time, a jury of seasoned life-science managers selected the most convincing candidate in terms of team, technology and business concept. This year's winner of the BioVaria Spin-off Award is NdL, a start-up developing unique therapeutic nanoparticles for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. The prize is worth EUR 1,000 plus professional legal consulting. The second prize, a legal consulting package, went to MetaHeps, a Munich-based start-up offering dedicated services for evaluating the potential toxic effects of new medicines on liver tissue and function.
'The panel format is extremely effective in forcing the candidates to be very concise and clear. This enables potential investors to gain a very good overview of all the spin-offs in just one hour', said the Panel's moderator Jörn Fingerhuth, Partner at Pinsent Masons.
Christian Stein, CEO of Ascenion, adds: 'We are extremely pleased about the strong and ongoing endorsement BioVaria receives from industry, venture capital, technology transfer and academia. Together with our partners, we will now evaluate different options for extending this successful concept to further disciplines, in particular to medical technologies."
The next BioVaria will take place on 6 May 2014 in Munich.
Register at www.biovaria.org to receive news about the upcoming event.
All technologies and spin-offs presented during BioVaria 2013 are available online at www.biovaria.org.
BioVaria brings together Europe's top scientists and technology transfer professionals with potential licensees and investors from the international biopharmaceutical industry.
Key features of BioVaria 2013:
- Unique gathering of Europe's top scientists, technology transfer professionals and industry representatives.
- Presentation of top licensable technologies and spin-offs originating from a broad range of research institutions and universities across Europe.
- Focus on patent-protected, commercially attractive opportunities covering research tools, diagnostics and therapeutics in the fields of cancer, infectious diseases, metabolism, autoimmune and neurodegenerative disorders, and other disease areas.
- Interactive, efficient one-day format combining 10 min oral presentations with an all-day poster exhibition.
- Ample space to discuss scientific details face-to-face with the inventors.
- Spin-off Panel presenting promising European life-science start-ups.
- Jointly organized by Ascenion and a selected group of leading technology transfer organizations.
Bavarian State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Infrastructure, Transport and Technology
BioM, Bayer HealthCare, Boehringer Ingelheim, MSD, Novo Nordisk, HERTIN, Sanofi, Vossius & Partner, Pinsent Masons, Bayern Kapital
Technology transfer partners:
Ascenion, Austria Wirtschaftsservice Gesellschaft, Bayerische Patentallianz, BTO Bergen Teknologioverføring, EMBLEM Technology Transfer, FIST, Inven2, Lead Discovery Center, Max Planck Innovation, MRC Technology, National Genome Research Network, PROvendis
ASTP, BioDeutschland, GoingPublic, iptechex, KONOCOM, transkript
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.