New AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 245 and 240 Processors Designed to Efficiently Handle Today's Mainstream Computing Needs
Dual-core processors deliver the right mix of power efficiency and performance at very affordable price points
Why: Given the current economic environment, consumers are seeking the best computing value without sacrificing the performance required to maintain their digital lifestyle. With AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 245 and 240 processors, system builders and PC OEMs can better address the industry's need to provide affordable, powerful and energy efficient desktop PCs that help consumers quickly and easily create, enjoy and share their digital world.
Who: The AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 245 and 240 processors are geared toward the growing segment of mainstream, value-conscious PC users seeking a full-featured product with best-in-class performance to enhance their computing capabilities at home and at play. Those looking for an enhanced digital experience and demanding extreme multitasking performance to help them do more in less time will find these processors help exceed their expectations.
Benefits: AMD Athlon(TM) II dual-core processors provide consumers the capability to multitask more efficiently and better create, render, transfer and share their multimedia content. When combined with ATI Radeon(TM) HD graphics technology and AMD chipsets, systems based on the AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 245 and 240 processors deliver a vivid visual experience, smooth multitasking and exceptional digital media performance with efficiency.
- Follow all news from the AMD Desktop team on Twitter at @AMDDesktop
- Read more from AMD bloggers about AMD at Home
- Check out what they have to say about AMD at Play
- For processor pricing, see here.
- Product images can be found at the AMD Unprocessed Flickr page
* Results from testing in AMD performance labs; price-performance rankings based on sum of normalized performance results across three software benchmarks [PCWorldBench, SYSMark 2007, PCMark Vantage] divided by processor and system price as listed on April 15, 2009 on www.pricegrabber.com or AMD MSRP April 12, 2009.
© 2008 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, AMD Athlon, Dual Dynamic Power Management, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. HyperTransport is a licensed trademark of the HyperTransport Technology Consortium. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.