AMD Delivers Its Most Powerful Professional 3D Graphics Card With Up To Four Times The Processing Power And More Memory Bandwidth Than Comparable Competing Solution1
For less than $1,800 MSRP, ATI FirePro(TM) V8750 3D workstation accelerator delivers exceptional computational power to tackle incredibly complex designs
- ATI FirePro(TM) V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator brings the highest number of shader engines (800) with the highest memory bandwidth (115.2 GB/s) in the entire 3D professional graphics offerings today1 which enables professionals to render incredibly complex models and photo-realistic images in real-time.
- The ultra parallel processing architecture of the ATI FirePro V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator maximizes throughput by automatically directing graphics horsepower where it's needed. Intelligent management of computational resources enables enhanced utilization of the GPU to enable real-time rendering of complex models and scenes with high frame rates when animating. This acceleration is accessed through ATI Stream technology, a set of advanced hardware and software technologies that enable a system to dynamically balance workloads by tapping a both the CPU and a GPU in a workstation to enable accelerated application performance.
- With ATI FirePro V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator, applications that take advantage of the shader units and memory bandwidth perform significantly better than with competing solutions. For example, UG NX4 software from Siemens PLM performs up to 56 percent faster and Autodesk 3ds Max OGL runs 118 percent faster on ATI FirePro V8750 than the comparable competing solution.2 Featuring 2GB of GDDR5 frame buffer memory, engineers and designers are free to focus on project work without concerns for memory limitations that have traditionally impacted professional applications.
- ATI FirePro V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator offers thirty percent more bandwidth than the comparable competing solution1, and it's equipped with the latest memory technology, GDDR5, for superior bandwidth and power consumption.
- Two DisplayPort outputs, one Dual Link enabled DVI output and one Stereo sync output provide versatility and advanced features needed for advanced monitors and a high resolution support. In addition, with native multi-card support, users can see more and do more using four displays by adding a second ATI FirePro 3D graphics accelerator in the same workstation.
- ATI FirePro 3D workstation graphics accelerators have more than 90 certifications from independent software vendors and have undergone extensive testing to provide industry standard reliability.
- Concurrent with this product launch, AMD is also announcing the availability of ATI CrossFire(TM) Pro technology which enables users to combine the power of two discrete graphics cards to scale their application performance for maximum productivity. This capability which simply involves coupling the two graphics cards using an interconnect cable, is designed to provide a significant performance boost to CAD and DCC applications such as UG NX, Ensight, Maya and Teamcenter. In addition to ATI FirePro V8750, ATI CrossFire(TM) Pro is planned for availability on the mid-range and above graphics cards including ATI FirePro(TM) V5700, ATI FirePro(TM) V7750, and ATI FirePro(TM) V87003D workstation graphics accelerators. Initial support is provided for Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit) with support for other operating systems scheduled to follow in the second half of 2009.
- The new ATI FirePro V87503D workstation graphics accelerator is available now at the MSRP of $1,799. ATI FirePro graphics accelerators are available from OEMs, system integrators and channel partners worldwide.
"Digital content creation and high end CAD users have been held hostage to high-priced solutions for advanced rendering," said Janet Matsuda, senior director, AMD Professional Graphics. "The ATI FirePro V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator delivers unparalleled performance and two GB of frame buffer memory for less than $1,800 MSRP. Creative and engineering professionals can now afford the powerful graphics they deserve."
"We're amazed at the performance boost to our already fast MachStudio Pro real-time 3D workflow and rendering product with the new ATI FirePro V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator," said David Koenig, CEO, StudioGPU. "Powered by the new ATI FirePro workstation graphics accelerator, the MachStudio Pro non-linear real-time 3D finishing workflow enables design firms and 3D artists everywhere to power through big, complex projects amazingly fast. Thanks to the ATI graphic accelerators, small and mid-size studios can now work at the speed of thought to streamline workflow in a way that was impossible for the largest and most fully equipped production facilities as little as a year ago."
At Siggraph 2009, August 4-6, AMD will showcase ATI FirePro professional graphics accelerators in booth 2417 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- StudioGPU on enabling workflow for 3D content production
· Read Janet Matsuda's At Work blog
- ATI FirePro(TM) 3D workstation graphics accelerators: www.amd.com/us/products/workstation
- ATI CrossFire(TM) Pro technology: www.amd.com/crossfirepro
- Follow AMD professional graphics updates on Twitter: @ATIFirePro
- For general AMD updates on Twitter follow: @AMDUnprocessed
- Paul Sagar, product manager CAD solutions for PTC, discusses ATI FirePro as a real-time solution for CAD customers
- To hear about what it takes to succeed in the workstation business, watch this testimonial video from Dr. Jon Peddie, Founder and President of Jon Peddie Research
- Redway3d CEO Lionel Schmitt addresses the collaboration with AMD to deliver innovative graphics solutions to meet professional users' needs
1 4x Shader Engines as compared against Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 which has 192 shader processors vs. 800 in ATI FirePro V8750. 1.3x Memory bandwidth as compared against Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 with 76.8 GB/s memory bandwidth vs. 115.2 GB/s for ATI FirePro V8750. System configuration: Windows XP 32-bit SP2, 4GB system memory, Intel Core2 Extreme Q6850 @ 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 8MB L2 Cache.
2 16.34 results for UG NX4 graphics composite with Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 vs. 25.45 in ATI FirePro V8750. 2.3 results for 3dsmax 9 (OpenGL) with Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 vs. 5.22 ATI FirePro V8750. System configuration: Windows XP 32-bit SP2, 4GB system memory, Intel Core2 Extreme Q6850 @ 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 8MB L2 Cache.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.