Herrenberger Str. 130
71034 Böblingen, de
+49 (7031) 464-1955
Agilent Technologies Introduces J-BERT Functionality that Enables Industry’s Fastest Jitter Tolerance Test Results
Software Upgrade Provides One-Click Results for Multi-Gigabit Transceiver Characterisation(PresseBox) ( SANTA CLARA, )
The next generations of multi-gigabit devices are emerging throughout the computer, storage and communications industries. Design and validation teams require new test tools that allow efficient and accurate characterisation and conformance testing for these high-speed interfaces.
Agilent’s award-winning J-BERT significantly improves jitter tolerance testing of these gigabit receivers. J-BERT is the only complete jitter tolerance test solution with built-in and calibrated jitter sources. Automated jitter tolerance tests significantly reduce the programming effort.
The new J-BERT software 4.5 provides the following benefits:
- One-click jitter tolerance test insight with one-screen results that show all tested points and the test limits;
- Faster device debug with restore of jitter setup by clicking on tested points in the jitter tolerance result screen;
- Quicker documentation of test results with the new all-inclusive jitter tolerance compliance report in HTML format;
- Worst-case testing of computer bus devices with SSC (Spread Spectrum Clocking); SSC can be enabled during the automated jitter tolerance tests; and
- Convenient Web-based access to J-BERT’s user interface from any remote Web location with the new Web server. J-BERT can be operated in far-distance, noisy or environmental test labs even if the user is offsite and has no knowledge of instrument programming.
Agilent’s new one-click-results software further accelerates jitter tolerance insight with a one-screen result display that shows all passed and failed tested conditions as well as specification limits. A jitter setup can now be restored simply by clicking on tested points. For quicker test documentation, J-BERT now generates all-inclusive jitter tolerance compliance test reports in HTML format.
“Design and validation teams require the most accurate and efficient test equipment to ensure new designs operate robustly and are available in time,” said Siegfried Gross, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Digital Verification Solutions division. “Agilent demonstrates its leadership by continuously providing a complete set of best-in-class tools for physical layer testing for the next generation of gigabit technologies.”
In addition to the new “one-click jitter tolerance test results,” all J-BERTs are now equipped with an improved clock data recovery (CDR) for the error detector. To support all emerging and proprietary data rates the built-in CDR operates over the complete range of 1 Gb/s to 12.5 Gb/s. For optimising the jitter budget and making tests under compliant CDR conditions, the option CTR “compliant CDR with tunable loop bandwidth” is available. Installed J-BERTs can be upgraded to the new CDR functionality.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.