New Polysun 5.8: nearby shading and visualization of controller connections
Along with the option to import horizon data, the new shading editor also enables Polysun users to take into account the surrounding topography. The software is now much more user-friendly thanks to the new controller connections visualization.
• Improved user-friendliness thanks to the visualization of controller connections
• Optimization of collector models
• 86 new scheme templates and over 8000 new catalogue components
Polysun Photovoltaics in the spotlight
With the new shading editor you will be able to incorporate nearby-shading into your Polysun Designer version immediately. In a matter of seconds, objects are taken into account based on distance and height. The dimensions of the objects added are then reflected on the horizon line, allowing greater precision in site data entry and yield calculation.
In view of the applicable feed-in compensation regulations, Polysun 5.8 enables users to integrate the evaluation of photovoltaic systems by recording electricity consumption as an annual value. The amount of electricity generated by the PV system is calculated on an hourly and monthly basis and the share of it supplied for household use is differentiated from that fed into the grid.
Polysun Solar Thermal and Heat Pumps – easier to use
From now on, Polysun Designer users will be able to enjoy the new controller connections visualization feature. This new feature makes it possible to know instantly how a system is controlled; both the location of sensors (in blue) and the controlled element (in red) are shown. Thanks to this new feature, Polysun makes it easier for users to create new schemes and improve control settings. The lines can be also printed out in the results report.
Optimization of collector models
The collector model for selectively-coated, unglazed absorbers has been expanded in collaboration with Energie Solaire. Now energy can also be generated if the collector temperature lies below ambient temperature. The proposed systems efficiently combine heat pumps and solar energy and take advantage of the collector surfaces used under different working conditions and in different ways.
The concentrating collector model has been expanded and integrated with a number of collectors. Newly listed items include Solarbeam, a two-axis parabolic concentrator manufactured by Solartron and NEP PolyTrough 1200, a parabolic trough concentrator. They are ideally suited for use in high temperatures, process heat and heat-driven cooling machines. Both collectors are listed in the Polysun catalogue in accordance with European test standards.
Polysun grows including new company schemes and an updated database
With a total of 86 new schemes, Polysun has expanded its selection of company- and country-specific schemes for the design of solar thermal and heat pump systems. The new catalogues in Polysun 5.8 include 7600 new PV modules, 600 new inverters, 500 new collectors, 22 new Stiebel Eltron heat pumps, 22 water tanks and 16 new Sailer multi-layered storage tanks as well as other components available worldwide.
Polysun 5.8 Release – Overview of new features
New developments for all Polysun versions
• Impeccable Polysun reports are provided in a variety of formats (PDF, Word, Power Point, Excel, HTML).
• An ENEV report now provides results in a format that conforms to German standards.
New developments for Polysun Photovoltaics
• A new shading editor allows users to account for row-to-row shading as well as shading caused by nearby objects in the easiest possible way.
• The amount of electricity used for self-consumption can now be recorded as an annual value (sum of all counter readings) or as an annual profile.
New developments for Polysun Solar Thermal and Heat Pumps
• Visualization of controller connections: both the location of sensors (in blue) and the controlled element (in red) are displayed.
• The collector model for unglazed absorbers has been expanded so that energy may be also generated if the collector temperature is lower than the ambient temperature.
• The concentrating collector model has been expanded and integrated with a number of collectors. Newly listed items include Solarbeam, a two-axis tracking parabolic collector manufactured by Solartron and NEP PolyTrough 1200, a parabolic trough collector.
New catalogue and database updates (for the Professional version and above)
• 7600 PV modules from the Photon database (worldwide)
• 600 inverters from the Photon database (worldwide)
• 200 solar thermal collectors (SRCC OG 100 certified) (North America)
• 2 concentrating collectors (tested under the SRCC 600 standard) (worldwide)
• 6 SunMaxx water tanks (USA)
• 4 A.O. Smith water tanks (USA)
• 3 Lochinvar water tanks (USA)
• 10 Rheem water tanks (USA)
• 3 Northern Lights Solar Solutions water tanks (Canada)
• Solar Building Company from UK with 18 PV modules and 18 Samil Power inverters (UK)
• 200 solar thermal collectors from the Solar Keymark database (Europe)
• 100 solar thermal collectors from the SPF database (Europe)
• 20 Bosch water tanks (Brazil)
• 22 Stiebel Eltron heat pumps and 22 water tanks (Germany)
• 16 Sailer multi-layered water tanks (Germany)
New hydraulic and photovoltaic schemes
• 3 Solcrafte solar thermal hot water schemes (worldwide)
• 5 SunMaxx solar thermal hot water schemes (USA)
• 4 UMA solar thermal hot water schemes (USA)
• 3 Solar Building Company PV schemes (UK)
• 13 Northern Lights Solar Solutions solar thermal schemes (Canada)
• 14 Rotex solar thermal and heat pump schemes (Germany)
• 3 Sailer solar thermal multi-layered storage tank schemes (Germany)
• 13 Apsilone solar thermal and heat pump schemes (France)
• 20 Bosch solar thermal hot water schemes (Brazil)
• 1 Polysun space heating scheme with ground-source loop regeneration
• 1 ground-source loop with load profile
• 1 typical reference system for existing hot water and space heating without solar
• 2 Spanish solar thermal multi-tank hydraulic systems
• 3 unpressurized Chinese solar thermal hydraulic systems
• Standard pumps in Polysun have been replaced with optimized eco-pumps.
• Polysun Installer, Uninstaller and Updater always require new compulsory Administrator rights with Windows 7
• Decimal digits for economic viability extended to 3 decimal places
About Vela Solaris AG
Vela Solaris is a leading provider of simulation software for the renewable energy sector. Polysun, a simulation software developed by Vela Solaris, provides invaluable support in the analysis, design and calculation of heating and cooling systems using renewable energy.
Polysun has been specifically created for solar thermal energy, photovoltaics, heat pumps, geothermal energy and solar cooling. The Vela Solaris’ product range incorporates extensive research activities in cooperation with universities and the industry as well as providing the opportunity to customise the software (company versions as stand-alone or online versions).