TI introduces the industry's smallest single-wire I/O expander
Five-channel output expander reduces required connections by up to 75 percent
This device can be implemented in many design configurations that require a small footprint, such as cell phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), portable media players, and portable instrumentation devices such as blood glucose meters and insulin pumps.
TCA5405 key features and benefits
- Easier implementation of port expansion makes it suitable for simple functions, such as chip select (CS) or enable (EN) pins, as well as complex functions like driving LEDs (<20 mA).
- One-wire protocol-based port expansion in an eight-pin, 2.25-mm2 micro-QFN package makes it the industry's smallest five-channel expander.
- STSW interface reduces connections by as much as 50 percent versus I2C, and 75 percent versus serial peripheral interface (SPI).
- Standby current consumption, which is 20 percent lower than the nearest competitor, supports power-savvy, high-performance applications with 2 µA and a drive strength current of ±20 mA.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of free tools and support to speed development time:
- Simulate your design using TI's TCA5405 IBIS model.
- Download the data sheet: www.ti.com/tca5405-preu.
Availability and pricing
The TCA5405 comes in an eight-pin, 2.25-mm2 RUG micro-QFN package. It is in full production now and is available from TI and authorized distributors with the suggested resale price of $0.65 in quantities of 1,000.
Learn more about TI's I2C portfolio:
- Order samples of the TCA5405 here: www.ti.com/tca5405-preu.
- Download the latest I2C selection guide: www.ti.com/i2cguide-pr.
- Quickly search TI's entire interface portfolio and other interface devices, or download the latest selection guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers in the TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/interfaceforum-pr.
Über Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be - smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do - from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 13.05.2013 - Texas Instruments bietet neues DLP LightCrafter 4500 Evaluierungsmodul, mit dem Entwickler von der Leistungsfähigkeit und Vielseitigkeit des Lichts profitieren
- 25.02.2013 - Noch bessere Projektion für mobile Geräte
- 29.01.2013 - Tablet-Boom erhöht Nachfrage nach Texas Instruments DLP Projektoren mit 1080p Auflösung