New gate driver extends TI's family of GaN FET driver ICs
Flexible low-side gate driver enables high efficiency and power density
The LM5114 drives both standard MOSFETs and GaN FETs by using independent sink and source outputs from a 5-V supply voltage. It features a high 7.6-A peak turn-off current capability needed in high-power applications where larger or paralleled FETs are used. The increased pull-down strength also enables it to drive GaN FETs properly. The independent source and sink outputs eliminate the need for a diode in the driver path and allows tight control of the rise and fall times.
TI is showcasing its FET driver family -- the LM5114, the LM5113 in a new micro SMD package, the pin compatible 4-A/8-A UCC27511 low-side gate driver scheduled for release in March, and other products that help unlock the full benefits of GaN FET technology -- in booth #401 at the Applied Power Electronics Conference and Expo (APEC) in Orlando, Florida, Feb. 6-8. APEC is one of the industry's leading conferences for practicing power electronics professionals.
Key features and benefits of the LM5114 low-side gate driver
- Independent source and sink outputs for optimized rise and fall times enable higher efficiency.
- +4-V to +12.6-V single power supply support a wide range of applications.
- 0.23-Ohm open-drain, pull-down, sink output prevents unintended turn-on.
- 7.6-A/1.3-A peak sink/source driver current maximizes change-in-voltage over change-in-time (DV/DT) immunity.
- Matching delay time between inverting and non-inverting inputs reduces dead time losses.
- 12-ns typical propagation delay enables high switching frequency while maintaining improved efficiency.
- Up to 14-V logic inputs, regardless of VCC.
- -40 degrees C to +125 degrees C operating temperature range.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The LM5114 is available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors. Offered in a 6-pin SOT-23 package and 6-pin LLP package with exposed pad, the suggested retail price is $0.58 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about TI's power management portfolio:
- Order samples and an evaluation module of the new GaN FET driver: www.ti.com/lm5114-pr
- Get information on all of TI's GaN FET driver solutions: www.ti.com/gan-pr
- Watch a lab demonstration of the LM5113: www.ti.com/lm5113-prv.
- Ask questions and share knowledge in the Power forum in the TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Über Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be - smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do - from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 13.05.2013 - Texas Instruments bietet neues DLP LightCrafter 4500 Evaluierungsmodul, mit dem Entwickler von der Leistungsfähigkeit und Vielseitigkeit des Lichts profitieren
- 25.02.2013 - Noch bessere Projektion für mobile Geräte
- 29.01.2013 - Tablet-Boom erhöht Nachfrage nach Texas Instruments DLP Projektoren mit 1080p Auflösung